19 APR 2017 NEWS:
I’m happy to announce that the project is officially out on the marketplace, follow this link: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/fade-camera-occluders
I want to show you this simple system that I made in Blueprint, it is usefull to make transparent all type of meshes between the camera and your character, this effect can be seen in many games, from Dark Souls 2 to Uncharted 4.
I want to clarify that it is Material indipendent, this mean that you do not need to change, modify or do anything in your meshes or materials, everything is done in Blueprint, just “plug & play”.
It is possible to adjust some settings like: the radius to cover, things to ignore, ecc…
Please let me now what you think and feel free to ask/suggest me anything
Update #1 [06 Feb 17]
- Added transition effect, currently I’m working on a noise effect like MGS:TPP.
- Added categories, you can list them all into a database and then apply them to your meshses.
- Color Override, if you want a hard override that has priority over the other things, then you can do it.
- Added Character transparency when too close to the camera (material indipendent).
- After the transition the transparency fade away as the camera get closer to the mesh.