Transparent meshes between camera & character

So this is going to be on the marketplace? If it’s under 15 euro, I would buy it.

Looks interesting. You are swapping the materials, aren’t you? So fading a mesh out with a transparent version of its original material isn’t possible, is it?

thats really nice

Soon you’ll be able to buy it on the marketplace.

Yes, 4.99 dollars, just a symbolic price.

Well it just copy the mesh of the original occluder, then create a copy with a transparent standard material and then does the transition. Swapping the materials makes impossible to do a transition.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Oh wow that’s a good price; I may even buy two of it because it would save me so much headache! :smiley:

I have been struggling with this for about 4 days. So im stoked that its available now. Already grabbed it and put it in the project. Appreciate the work.

Just as you described plug and play right out of the box.

However, i need to adjust it, or my trees, to detect the leaves and branches would that be a collision or other matter. The trees dissapear just fine when passing by the trunk, if not in front of the tree trunk the leaves are still present as they are not being detected. Possible ideas?

Thanks :slight_smile: Please contact me if you have any problem or if you just want information / help

I am enjoying this BP a lot.

However, I got myself into situation where i need to add new feature to it.
There are objects hanging above playable area, adding more depth and parallax movement to the scene. Some of the objects are clumped together to create an illusion of a structure.

And there is a problem.
If occluder hides one part of the ‘structure’ then it creates a hole in the scene with ugly intersections directly in the view of a player. Please see attached screenshot.

My idea to solve this problem is to create construction script where I would make an array with all the members of the ‘structure’. And when one member of the array is hiding, it triggers effect on all of them.
Could you please point me to the location in your BPs where i would implement this?

EDIT: I just read some of the comments in this thread and seems like more people have same ‘problem’ like me.
It is not a problem exactly, but we could use a feature that would increase usability of this BP

Hello! this is a very, very good BP. There’s only one detail, in my project the camera is very far away, so almost every object is not transparent enough… i have been looking for a way to change the math between distance and transparency but a i cannot find where the magic is done…

It was in the material M_FCO_MeshFade config.

Is it usable for a top down project? I need my point&click controller to ignore transparent objects so I can move the character underneath the translucent objects.

in essence, yes it is. i had similar problem and i solved it by creating new collision preset that ignored mouse. And that preset was then applied to the meshes that i wanted to be ignored.