Translucent Shadow Resolution/Cascades

So, basically I’m making clouds using a panning texture(it actually looks pretty good since my scene takes place exclusively at night), and as bonus of that I can use the texture to cast shadows from the directional light by checking “Cast translucent shadows” in the light details.

This can actually look pretty good, provided you’re close to the object.
(Note that this is not the sky, the shadow is blue because of a skylight)

Unfortunately, they’re clouds. Ergo, far away. This results in a less than savory, lower resolution from clearly cascaded dynamic shadowing. (I say clearly because it is obviously cascading as you fly closer / away from the object)

The interesting thing is, the cascades have nothing to do with the directional light cascades so changing those settings does nothing. They seem to be specific to translucent shadowing and indeed, it’s even cascading when I scale the cloud plane down and shine a spot light on it. But I can’t find any settings to adjust this! I haven’t found anything that changes it in light, object, world, or material settings, nor have I managed to find any answers to this specific situation.
So I suppose my question is, am I missing something? Or are there are any flags I can use to adjust it? I wouldn’t even mind outright disabling it as this is probably the only instance where I’m even going to use translucent shadows…

Translucent shadows are done through translucency lighting volume. You can adjust their resolution and size by console variables, but they are meant for close range it is not something you would be using for sky.

sometimes I like to live on the edge