Translucent material problem (or how to hack masked material)

Hello,
I need help with translucent material. My problem is that material generates crazy textures behind that material (stairs or floors in house)
Video:https://.com/watch?v=fbOwgSxI_Ow
I dont need to use translucency pretty much in my game which im working on, but i need transparent walls for gameplay reasons.
Masked material gives me good results, but i need that “hardness” around sphere because without it that transparency looks bad.
Is there some way how to hack masked material to use hardness parameter? (Or how to solve that translucent material).

I will be very thankful for any help, 20 hours im working on it and without any good results. (sort translucency in project engine options not helped)

I SOLVED this s#1t
This engine is really “epic”… pretty funny stuff… (I like it but i have solid headache from this engine features)

SO i just turned that BSP boxes to static meshes and all problems with graphic sorting or wtf is that disappeared!!!

This feature is possible bug (in my opinion it is bug) so check it.

It’s not a bug. Transparent pixels need to be sorted from back to front for correct look. But engine can only sort meshes not individual pixels. Sorting is done simply using distance from pivot to camera. Static mesh and bsp might have different pivots. In 4.11 there are new feature that allows to get semi transparency using masked material. This should be perfect for your use case and performance will be a lot better than with translucent.

1 Like

Thanks man :slight_smile: ill check this out soon and i will let you know how it is

Well results are really good!
Thanks again and god bless guys like you! :slight_smile: