Translations are not fully loading everywhere. (Steps included)

Steps:

1. Create a Translation section for a Main Group of Widgets. IE Help Screen / Game Screens / Game Terms etc.
  2. Add Base Spanish (ES)
  3. Gather Text.
  4. Export Words.
  5. Open the PO file in POEdit.
  6. Save the file.
  7. In the editor click import.
  8. The spanish bar goes to 100%
  9. Select count words.
  10. Select Compile.
  11. Go to the editor region settings and change the editor/game and the new preview language to spanish.
  12. Results some of the interface changes to spanish.
  13. Some text boxes that have verified IDs in the PO files do not change.
  14. Buttons Change, most do not.
  15. Try to play the game.
  16. Execute the function: FInternationalization::Get().SetCurrentCulture(TEXT(“es”));
  17. Some more spanish appears but not all help screens and other widgets that are opened afterwards.
  18. When I use the localization picker and hover over the buttons it shows the translations.
  19. When I hover over the help text boxes is says that: “This text is not ready to be localized.”

If anyone can get me past this brick wall ill be ever so happy.

Only seems to happen in PIE. When running stand alone it seems to be working. …
So far atleast… trying to test everywhere now

Verified that its because of PIE. Everything worked once I got the standalone working. Well minus one section that i scanned that does not load at all but I might have to delete and rescan that section for translation.

1 Like

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/announcements-and-releases/1410408-unreal-engine-bug-submission-form

Thanks