Training Stream: Material Instances - May 24 - live from Epic HQ

WHAT

In this week’s live training stream Senior Technical Writer will show you how to unlock the power of Unreal Engine 4’s Material Instancing system. From how to develop and setup a workflow that makes heavy use of Material Instances, to pitfalls that you might run into while using Material Instances and how to avoid them, Sam will show you how you can become a Master of Materials in UE4.

WHEN

Tuesday, May 24th @ 2:00PM-3:00PM ET - Countdown

WHERE

WHO

• Sr Training Content Creator - ]()

Feel free to ask any questions on the topic in the thread below, and remember, while we try to give attention to all inquiries, it’s not always possible to answer’s questions as they come up. This is especially true for off-topic requests, as it’s rather likely that we don’t have the appropriate person around to answer. Thanks for understanding!

Archive:

could someone in the staff fix the bugs through out ue4 mainly crashing when importing crashes sometimes and could please explain to me what streaming pool is and why is the streaming pool size low

could you tell me more about streaming materials and how to avoid flicker and texture issues

Master of Materials! This stream sounds awesome, can’t wait to watch.

What PC spec. and UE4 version used for fast compiling shaders!?

Greetings to all!

This vídeo shows a nice fast compiling shaders PC in action! What are the recomended specs. and what UE4 version is it on?..

For my project I use at the moment UE4.9.2. Cause I work alone and dont have much time to dedicate to it, as more of a hobby with my free time…

Thanks!!!

Thank you very much for the stream, it was clear and concise.

Where are the base textures is using located? I can’t seem to find them. I might be in need of higher dosages of caffeine.

1 Like