Titanic in Unreal Engine

THIS DEMO IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD, FREE ON OUR WEBSITE: Titanic: Honor and Glory - Project 401

Hey everyone! I am the lead unreal developer on a project called Titanic: Honor and Glory. Our current goal is to re-create the entire Titanic as it was in high detail and with a high level of accuracy.

Currently I am reworking all our spaces with new lighting (Baked GPULM), which will be released as a free demo in the coming months.

Here are just a few samples of the work I’ve been doing recently. We are a whole team and I can’t take credit for all the models and textures.

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

About our project:
TITANIC: HONOR AND GLORY is a first-person, open-world, historical recreation. With a fully explorable, fully interactive and historically accurate RMS Titanic at your disposal, walk her decks and experience her opulence as very few did. From first-class to third, from mechanical spaces to the tops of the funnels, uncover the infamous story of Titanic through museum-like elements, compelling survivor testimony and a heartbreaking real-time sinking.

Here are a few trailers for our upcoming free demo, to be released on March 3.

82 Likes

Some images look great but others are too perfect, they are fantastically correct symmetrical and without flaws.

12 Likes

Wow! This is unprecedented! After watching the movie (ad nauseum LOL!), viewing old photos, reading articles, and watching video footage of the wreckage, I am almost speechless at how accurate your project is! This will give the world the opportunity to hop aboard the ill-fated vessel and marvel at it’s beauty and workmanship.

Thank you to you and your team for working so hard to preserve such an historic monument!

8 Likes

Such a bittersweet set of pictures. Beautiful and thoughtful but also shadowed by the sad reality of history. The turbine engine room is especially interesting to me for some reason.

Give my compliments to your team, this is truly a great bit of work!

4 Likes

is this available for sale in the store?

3 Likes

This work is excellent. The amount of patience and attention to detail shows in the final results.
Thanks for sharing.
Btw, are you planning to put this on the UE marketplace?

3 Likes

Looks awesome! so much attention to detail

Absolutely fantastic quality and attention to detail. I look forward to the finished project, which will bring the subject to life for those interested in the history. You have one bunch of talented graphic designers and artists.

1 Like

Absolutely stunning work. I am humbled at the genius. Congratulations. I am so pleased you and your team are developing this project.

Chapeau my friend… amazing job

Many thanks to everyone for your kind comments.

I’ll leave you with another treat:

8 Likes

This new treat is absolutely breathtaking! This has the potential to revolutionize museums! I can see virtual tours of long lost wonders of history. Your team is certainly giving us so much to marvel!

The cinematography here is a work of art in and of itself. It gives us a sense of scale, a glimpse of ingenuity, and a refreshing sense of the newness of it all. It must have smelled like fresh paint and oil. That entrance door could not have possibly been enough to muffle the noise down there, right? (LOL!)

I can only imagine how hot this space must have been! Do you know if ventilation was achieved through the skylight at the top or if there were other methods in place?

1 Like

Decided to experiment with automotive materials yesterday. I managed to get this beauty. It’s related to Titanic as it was the only ship stored on board when she sank. It also appears in a certain famous movie :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Knowing how famous this car was and remembering it from the movie definitely gives it more meaning. And, you’ve most definitely given it justice! I’m not much of a car person, but this is a work of art :slight_smile:

Do you plan on creating The Heart of The Ocean? :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello there :slight_smile: I wanted to find a way to contact you in private, but couldn’t find anything to do so :frowning:

I’m actually a sound designer, i have worked on multiple games (AAA) and maps on my own. I was wondering if you would be interested about giving your map some sounds ? (For free, obviously !) :slight_smile: Feel free to contact me back, i will show you my work !

1 Like

I appreciate the offer! Check your DMs :slight_smile:

Fantastic ■■■■ work you and the team are doing! I moved my project over from Unity to Unreal because I saw what you all are able to do. My ships do not have anywhere close the detail you have. However I am trying to model 96 ships in harbor in Pearl Harbor on December 7th.

Would love to walk around in it with my 4090. Is it avail somewhere?

Great job, very cool, I love it, & also love to have a 4090 jaja

one of my favorite movies now has a remake in UE5! can’t wait to visit all the places seen in the movie! Great job done!