Timeline Not Playing at all UE5.4

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Summary

Timeline not firing at all using a float track. I put a break point on the update execution and nothing fires out of it.

Steps to Reproduce

Call custom event from another blueprint to fire a timeline, play from start. Track is set from 0,0 to 1,1.

Expected Result

Timeline plays from start and the float track value goes from 0 to 1.

Observed Result

Timeline starts at "paused @ 0.00s (0.0%). Once the custom event fires, it triggers the timeline but nothing happens but says “playing @ 0.00s (0.0%)” but is not actually playing. After a while it will say paused again.

Platform(s)

Windows 11

I use them fine.

Can you show your code?

Sure! See images. Everything fires right up to the play from start, nothing comes out the other end. I should also add that this even is being fired through the editor utility widget, so this does not run with the game.

Probably will close this, I think i just resolved my own bug post…not a bug it seems. Ironically I found another post you responded to regarding a similar forum post from someone else lol.

This is what the blueprint shows after it is fired…just sits on playing even though nothing is happening until i change the debug or hit compile again.

Ok, put this Y in a variable

So you’re lerping between two fixed points. I think that should help.

Figured it out. I have to make a tick happen in the editor. Not sure how that didn’t dawn on me. Ironically I am just trying to figure things out for my editor utility widget. For some reason pcg is not capturing the actor location collision updates and will only recognize them if you manually drag the actor that is within the scene, then it will refresh. I was trying to replicate what a person would do in the editor to see if that would work. A topic for another forum post.