Tile Based Minimap

Tile Based Minimap (TBM) lets you create ingame maps of your levels based on prerendered images of your level that are taken in editor and then broken into tiles that are loaded dynamically during gameplay.

| Demo | Example Project | Quickstart | Docs | Discord |

Features:

• Minimaps based on tile grids
  • Capture tile images in editor
  • Dynamic grid switching (interiors)
  • Dynamic tile loading
  • Blips (Replicated)
  • Circle or Rectangle zones
  • GPS draw route support (no route calculation; only draw support)

Hello @adrian23041999 ! Welcome back to posting on the forums first off.

I just wanted to say that this is a very awesome plugin that you’ve created and I’ll certainly recommend it to a friend of mine who has been struggling and wanting some of these features.

Really looking forward to seeing more projects from you! Absolutely love the simplicity but customization that you made possible.

1 Like

Hello everyone.
An update to the system has been released recently that overhauls the GPS system + adds a few small improvements and fixes.

Update v1.2.0

• replaced UOverlays with UCanvas allowing for blip display Z order
  • added blip grid blacklist allowing to not display blips if the active grid is in the list
  • fixed an error with the minimap trying to source blip data from already deinitialized subsystem
  • added custom PlayerState class with overridden OnRep_PlayerName which is required to properly add client player blips
  • subsystem is now subclassed from TickableWorldSubsystem to use the tick for blip interpolation on clients (old interpolation was removed)
  • fixed get blip location/rotation functions
  • GPS overhaul:
    • added GPS Static Paths: allows for displaying a static route
    • GPS Goal: allows to draw a route to the specified blip
    • Static Paths and Goals can be set per player
    • Goals can be replicated to the owning client
    • route color can be sourced from blip settings or the blip handle itself
    • multiple or the closest goal path can be displayed
    • overridable CalculateGoalPath function in the GPS widget which calculates the goal path

I left the nav mesh based pathfinding in the GPS widget in the example project but disabled it by default since the map is too big for nav mesh to handle.