ThridPersonCharacter is not floating, everything else is floating but not the main character even after adding buoyancy..

The Input actions are either overriding the buoyancy or something else is happening, I have no clue, but the buoyancy is not working for the main controlling character alone please help.

Hey there @N0tTh3Pr0! Welcome to the community! So the buoyancy component alone won’t work for the character class, as every motion the character class does is direct movement, so it would override anything the buoyancy would do. Generally you’re going to need to make a swimming movement mode and define how it functions. A tutorial for swimming here:

Disclaimer: One or more of these links are unaffiliated with Epic Games. Epic Games is not liable for anything that may occur outside of this Unreal Engine domain. Please exercise your best judgment when following links outside of the forums.

Oh makes sense, I actually followed the exact tutorial later, but just wanted to confirm my suspicions, thanks for the reply.

1 Like