This is frustrating, and not for the reasons you'd think

Hi guys,

I’ve been porting some C++ code from earlier versions of Unreal and on a regular basis I end up scratching my head for days over what ends up being a very minor change in syntax.

Is there a C++ guide to the changes anywhere? For that matter, do we have documentation other than the sparse outline of the C++ calls?

Right now I’m working on skeletal animation and I’m just shocked at the lack of info anywhere. So I’m assuming I’m just looking in the wrong places, right? RIGHT?

Thank you,
-Chilton

Hey @chiltonwebb

did you have a look at the Release- / especially the UpgradeNotes (selectable in the content menu on the right)?

and you can also have a look at the MigrationGuide:

As far as I can tell, those don’t actually cover the stuff they added that I need!

For example, I really really need UAnimDataController example code or at least some kind of explanation of what I should use and when. Instead, not only did they deprecate code and replace it with this, they’ve ALREADY deprecated part of UAnimDataController!

Come on guys pick a lane! :smiley:

Seriously though, I have no idea where to find what I need. This is extremely frustrating.

-Chilton

Now I’m doing the same thing for 5.4 and the situation is even worse. This is absolutely maddening.