There's no real way to HIDE the HUD on a PER PLAYER basis - This is important!

The reason this is important is

1. I want to create my own UI using Verse blended with current Fortnite HUD elements.
  2. I want to show Cutscenes to individual players without showing the Fortnite HUD.

The problems:

• In Verse, the HUD elements only effect the playspace - meaning all players are effected - this is bad.
  • In the HUD Controller Device you can filter by Class or Team, however Class does not work without respawning the player and Team only works if players are the only member of that team!

It is impossible for me to create a clean, custom UI or display cinematic cutscenes without full control of all of the Fortnite HUD elements on a per player basis!

I was looking at this issue too, I found this function which could be interesting :

# Deprecated. This function affects all players. Please use `fort_playspace.GetHUDController().HideElements()`.
    # Hides a set of HUD elements.
(PlayerUI:player_ui).HideHUDElements<native><public>(HUDElements:[]hud_element_identifier):void

I’m wondering really hard why it is noted as deprecated, since it looks like it can do it on a per player basis and they don’t seem to have brought a replacement to it.

Did not try the function yet, I might just do.

EDIT: This function does as it says (in the comments), it updates for every players…

1 Like

I agree, there’s still no effective way

Can you not just use the hud device like we do in creative to hide the hud, it can provide a clean screen from many if not all displays. You could even enable/disable as you need displays on/off

@2GHSamburskoy @AxelCapek Thank you for your report! Can you please re-post using the “New Issue” option on the Issues and Bug Reporting forums? Posts with this feature are connected directly into our development team so we can quickly get to them!

For more information, such as how to get the reference ID, please check out the article here: Using the Creative and UEFN Bug Reporting Form

You don’t have to respawn to change a players class, untick the respawn on class change setting.

Instead of respawning, if it doesn’t take effect without a respawn (which it should) could you not run 2 triggers in sync immediately afterwards, first to save player data (including class) second to load save data? worth a shot if nothing else.

Wanna bump this, we should be able to disable HUD elements on a per player basis in Verse or at least be able to use the HUD controller device to register/unregister different players, rather than having to change their team or class and respawn them.

Bumping this thread as well! Still also not sure how I’m supposed to hide HUD Messages on a per player basis in Verse!

1 Like

Bumping, hope this ever gets addressed

1 Like