There's an error I can't fix

Take a wire from “Return Value” in “Create XXX Widget” node and select “Promote to Variable”:

I was not expecting so much attention and help. You have helped me a lot. Thank you for your interest and sincerity. My problem is now completely solved.

I don’t want to bother you any more, but if it is easy, I want the paper to go again when I press q again. Is it possible to do this?

It should work. If you press Q and Not2Okuna is still true, it should show WP_Not_2 widget.

• You enter the area, it shows WP_Oku;
  • You press Q while inside de area, it removes WP_Oku (and WP_Not_2) and shows WP_Not_2;
  • You leave the area, it removes whethever widget is showing;
  • If you are outside the area, the Q key, does nothing.

Isn’t this the expected behaviour? If not, can you elaborate the exact behaviour it should have.

Yes, when I leave the area, the widget disappears but when I press the q key while inside the area, the widget stays there.

Yes, there is no problem right now, but when you press q while you are in the area, “Wp_Oku- Wp_Not_2” does not disappear.

You mean both Wp_Oku and Wp_Not_2 are still there?

What exactly should happen when you press Q while inside the area? According to your first image, when you press Q, it should remove Wp_Oku and add Wp_Not_2. Isn’t that right?

Add this new connection to the macro:

and these new nodes to the Q line:

Now:

• Press Q, it will remove Wp_Oku and show Wp_Not_2.
  • Press Q again, it removes Wp_Not_2.
  • Press Q again, shows Wp_Not_2.

It would be a lot easier and fast, if you could just detailed the exact behaviour you want.

What should happen if:

1. you enter the area;
  2. you exit the area;
  3. you press Q while inside the area; and you press Q again while inside the area;
  4. you press Q outside the area

Yes, that’s exactly what I wanted. Thank you for all your help.

I did all they said yes. Everything is working properly now, I have no problems. Thank you for your help.
My answers come to you too late, because my answers are not confirmed.

Everything seems to be done, but when I apply it to all the papers, the paper I clicked on later can show another paper. I wonder what might be the reason?

Can someone help with this?

You really need to explain the entire interactive process, a use case if you will.

You must clarify:

• What WP_Oku and Wp_Not_2 are and should do.
  • Are you creating the widgets in the level BP or is there a BP per paper?
  • In a matter of fact, what is a paper and a card?
  • How many papers are there?
  • How should everything work.

The right solution depends on the functional requirements.

What I want it to be exactly as follows;
1- There will be many different papers in my game and there will be different texts on top of them.
2- Each paper should be opened and closed when we read the q key and press the q key again. A separate triggerbox is assigned to each paper.
3- Separate widgets have been created for each paper.
4- Variables (boolean) are created to distinguish whether the paper is readable or unreadable.
5- Wp_Oku makes it say “press Q” when it comes over the papers.
6- I am currently adding the blueprint sample created for 1 paper as a picture. You can also see the variables that have been added.

Smooth employees: The papers can be opened and closed with the q key, but we can only do this once. Then we have to get away from the triggerbox and go back into it.

Problem: After reading a paper in the game, when trying to read other papers, it can show the content of another paper. It doesn’t always happen sometimes it happens.

I wouldn’t do this way, but since you’re using level BP, then let’s continue.

in this example I only consider 4 widgets, 4 trigger boxes, …

First create 1 array of “User Widgets” called Widgets, and populate this array with all the widgets that should appear when user presses Q:

Then an integer WhichWidget, with a default value of -1:

306065-0-2.jpg

And here is the rest:

Then the entire design should be rethinked. The way I did it, it’s too overcomplicated for something that simple.

I will work on that as soon I get home.

Thank you I’m waiting for your reply.

I did not fully understand a few things. I did not understand which “WP_Not” in the last 2 images you added. There are a lot of “WP_Nots”. These represent different papers.
I’m trying to add “UserWidget” but it looks like this. How can I add?

Compile the BP. After that, a + sign will appear at the “default value” section. Then press + to add as many widgets you need.

Could the “WP_Not” I marked in the photo be any paper? Which one should we put exactly? When I try to put one, I get the error like the other photo.