The Vive in VR preview keeps coming out looking cross-eyed for my device. Any ideas how to fix this?

I’ve set up the VR project (this is my first foray into VR) as the Steam Unreal guidelines state but the moment I preview it, it looks very strange, as if the Vive is picking up different parts of the room, giving an almost cross-eyed feel to the user. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

I am having the same issue with my project any help on this would be great as well. I think it might have something to do with the in the play settings under the Editor Settings. I think you might have to adjust the the position of the window. However that being said I have been experimenting with the window size and window position and have had no progress in fixing the problem

Hello, are you spawning any UMG widgets and adding them to your viewport?
If so this might very well be the issue.
Remove any widget to your viewport and try again.
From my experience the engine does not handle UMG widgets that are attached directly to viewport in VR mode.

hope this helps.

Same issue here.
It looks as if one eye is picking much different part of the room than the other; distance between eyes is too big.
Vive works fine in other applications.

jktonic,

Here’s one thing to try. If your scene has a Post Processing volume in it, go to Misc > Screen Percentage of that volume and make sure it’s set to 100. Values greater than 100 will result in an IPD misalignment that sounds like you’ve described. If your scene does not have a Post Processing volume, try adding one, tick its “Unbound” option on and follow the steps above. Let us know if this solves your issue.

Hi, I have exactly the same issue and I tried your suggestions. I had Screen Percentage set to 100 but it was unchecked. After I checked it, it stopped working altogether. In the VR Preview window I can see two images side by side that don’t move and inside the headset nothing but a red screen. The red screen issue can usually be fixed by clicking different windows or making them full screen but this time it didn’t work. Are there any other settings that I could try to change?

Thanks!

@jktonic I am having the exact same issue and i am not able to solve it. by any chance did you figure this out?

I did fixed the problem! It had something to do with the post processing setting it was set to above 100% which led to the cross eye issue!\

I did fixed the problem! It had something to do with the post processing setting it was set to above 100% which led to the cross eye issue!

I have the same issue in all my UE4 projects. Everything works fine with Steam games and Unity. Tried your Post Process Volume fix without success. Any other ideas?

I played around with the screen percentage and found that setting it to 50.0 will almost give me a correct perspective view, but the picture is now surrounded by a lot of black frame and located somewhat too high. This effect is an indication, however, that this is where it goes wrong…

This worked for me perfectly ! You’re a g!

if setting the Postprocess , screen percentage to 100% not fix, select that pp volume and set it s priority to highest possible. also dont forget the “unbound” option