The Unexpected Quest

An adventure game with strategy and management elements in a medieval fantasy setting - drawing inspiration from classics such as Warcraft 3 and The Settlers. Embark on quests, hunt down treasures and manage your resources as you build, battle, cast magic and brew potions to bring order to a world on the brink of disaster.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xTuSzHqNJ3c

Explore
Strange creatures living in different locations await you. Some of them will help you, others need your help, and others will take a liking to your head…or, rather, your fresh brains. You will visit quiet villages, snow-capped mountaintops, impenetrable forests, and foul-smelling swamps. But one thing will remain the same - adventure awaits you everywhere!

Collect
Collect everything that isn’t bolted to the floor. Dwarves don’t mind work, but they won’t lift a finger if they don’t get normal food. You can’t build a mill out of sh*t and sticks, so you’ll have to search for the appropriate material. Keep food stocked and your world will expand!

Build
Build bridges over turbulent rivers, build docks in the swamps, repair buildings, and build new ones. Mills will provide food, sawmills will provide building materials, forges will improve equipment - and you can always sell the surplus at the market. All building styles and colors await you in the game.

Complete quests
The people living in this world have always had many worries, and recently they’ve had more than usual. Try to help everyone, and the reward will be forthcoming. You can also always count on what’s most important: sincere words of gratitude*.
** Computer game characters don’t have real feelings or minds.*

Fight
You can get much further with a kind word and a sword than you can with a kind word alone. Hire experienced soldiers, upgrade their armor and weapons, fight, and conquer. Solve all problems as effectively as possible.

Cast spells
Not enough food or materials? Is your crew dying from their wounds? Did the workers decide to create a union? Magic items and potions will remedy the situation! Save up your gold, complete quests, and open chests. There are many ways to get magic items.

Available Now:

SteamLogoWhite.png

Screenshots:

](filedata/fetch?id=1498206&d=1530871704)

](filedata/fetch?id=1498208&d=1530871704)

Many thanks to everyone who has played our game and given us feedback about it! We have read everything carefully and will take your words into consideration when doing further development. We would be happy to continue hearing your opinions. What do you like, and what is annoying? What would you like to see in the final version? We look forward to your reviews here, on Facebook, or YouTube.

We were added two more videos.

One is full level walkthrough:

The second is just relax music “RPG THEME” by Eric Matyas (www.soundimage.org):

For this moment looks very good and solid, keep working and good luck:cool:

Thank you! We are very glad to hear that :rolleyes:​​​​​​​

Nice work, guys! Keep going! If it will be released in Steam, I shall buy it for sure.

Thanks! I am very glad that you liked the game. :o Of course, we are planning to release the game in Steam.

It seems really nice :smiley: would play it, love the artstyle!

Thanks! We mainly used assets from the marketplace. Therefore, a similar artstyle can be achieved in any game :smiley:

Ребят, судя по “Credits”, вы - русские разработчики? Если - да, то мне проще будет тогда вам пояснить про некоторые баги, найденные в игре. Также есть пара моментов в части улучшения геймлея (добавление работы с камерой).

Да, конечно, пишите на rionixсобака]gmail.com. Мы всегда рады новым отзывам по игре!

Понял, благодарю! Вечерком отпишусь по указанному мылу :wink: .

Отписался вам вчера, проверяйте почту :wink: .

VoteGDWC2018.jpg

:smiley: Yay! :smiley:
Our game has been chosen for the fan favourite vote on the Game Development World Championship 2018.
We will be very grateful if you vote for us! The voting will occur at the website, www.thegdwc.com.
Thanks in advance! :o

Alrighty, done :wink: !

This looks great! I love the art style, but especially the music! This definitely looks fun, but if I may ask: What hook does you game have i.e. what makes it stand out amongst other strategy games?

That is the interesting question. In fact this is not a RTS, this is a time manager game without time pressing. Our main goal is gamers from Big Fish Games or similar websites. So this is a fully relaxed strategy without hard challenges. You just solve simple tasks and follow the story. Best deal after the hard day’s work :smiley:

**TheCreator1337, **you know, with such type of logic, any game development should stop at the beginning of '90. Guys works on interesting and not annoying game, and all that we could do, is to wish them luck, as for me :slight_smile: .

Sounds fun! Looks like I got the game’s genre wrong, oops! :o

I’m sorry, I don’t exactly get what you are saying, because English isn’t my first language, could you explain please?

English is not my native too, but what I was trying to say is: it doesn’t matter that some games was made before this game, and they looks alike. The more good games we shall have, the better to all of us :slight_smile: .

I agree and I think that every game is unique in some way or another, no matter if the game’s creator tries to make it unique or not! :smiley: