The particles disappear at some camera angles

Hello thank you so much in advance,
I have a problem with the particles, the particles are formed by GPU types, normal and Mesh.
The particles disappear at some camera angles, but in editor mode they work great.
I’m trying to simulate the rain, and through the event of the particles, I instantiate the splash effect mesh.

But I’m experiencing the problem with the third-person character room.

There are / there are settings that I should set.

Sorry for my bad English.
Thanks again.

GIF

Hi ,

When using GPU Particles make sure you have set the fixed bounds for your particle. If this is not set the moment the emitter is off screen it will stop rendering the particle.

Hi , thanks.
I have already tried many times to fix the bounds, but unfortunately the result is always the same.
I’m going crazy xD.

Could you provide me with the project or image of the particle you are using so that I can take a better look at how you have this setup?

another thing, the particles that generate splash spawns have no Type data and the splashes are of the mesh type
Screenshot

I was preparing the project to send, on the new project it works! What is going on . the bad thing is that I can not throw the project away.
What can be caused by?

See this video on how to CORRECTLY set up a bounds for your particle effect: Intro to Cascade: Creating a GPU Sprite Emitter | 05 | v4.2 Tutorial Series | Unreal Engine - YouTube

this does not correct my problem
gif00
gif01

It may be something in your main project. Can you provide me with the main project so that I may assist you with this issue further?

I see. Then just set the bounding box manually to something huge like 500.000, by clicking the empty space from the emitter list, and scrolling down to “Bounds” like in this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/9eY155B.jpg

1 Like

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

same problem here, particles are visible at some angle, turning the camera l/r or up, make the particles disappear

I had the same issue with a particle made of multiple emitters, one of which was a GPU Particle, and even if off it was still giving me the issue of disappearing at certain camera angles.

To solve it, as said above, when using GPU Particles make sure you have set the fixed bounds for that particular emitter. Click on “Bounds” icon on the top toolbar, then “Set Fixed Bounds”. This fixed it for me.

I think have to be something related to collisions. Disabling them fix the problem but is not what I need.

1 Like

On the detail panel for your particle emitter, check the box for ‘allow recycling’. that worked for me

1 Like

‘allow recycling’ worked for me, thanks RichyCWalsh

If you’re working with Niagara look for the options in your Niagara emitter when you place it in your scene and look for ‘‘Bounds Scale’’. It fixed it for me.

3 Likes

Thank you! This fixed the problem for me.

Depth Buffer → Kill Occluded Particles unchecked this worked for me.

1 Like