The Niagara Set Vector Array does not work

The “Niagara Set Vector Array” does not seem to work, as it fails to copy over the passed in array no matter what. Is that an intended behavior?

If anyone will find it helpful, C++ arrays did not work with niagara binds done in blueprint. Solution was to either copy over content from C++ array to blueprint-created array or to do bind in c++.

Would you mind explaining your solution? Having the same issue, and not quite sure what you mean.

Thanks.

Hi, I’m having the same issue, could you elaborate on the solution?

I think what he is saying is that if he had created an array in C++, then tried to use that array with Niagara using a blueprint to set/access the data, it would fail.

If i’m understanding everything correctly, he had to either set the Niagara parameter using C++ or he had to create something in blueprint to store the data from the C++ array being accessed in blueprints and then copy over the data.

I’m not sure that this solves nor addresses the question of why the "Niagara Set Vector Array” doesn’t work the way its supposed to.

hi, I Made a user variable of type array vector, made a test array vector in the blueprint and tried to pass the array to niagara with “Niagara Set Array Vector”, and it didn’t work :frowning:
(Setting non-array variables does work)

Does anyone know what could be happening?

After further investigation… both C++ arrays DO change the user attributes (when you use "Niagara get vector, the output indicates that he valuse was changed)
BUT
The user attributes of array type can’t change system/particle/Emitter attributes
I tried with user parameters with default values and it doesn’t work…

Still seems to be an issue in 5.2

1 Like

Ok I got it working in 5.1 and 5.2 using an array of positions in Niagara

My Niagara Set Vector Array can’t work too, but Niagara Set Position Array have same effect likes Niagara Set Vector Array, you can try use Niagara Set Position Array solve this issue.

@AdamC_BH, I am facing the same issue with set position array. is possible for you to share how you got it working.

1 Like