The Last Of Us CheckPoint

This is my new project: creating a section of a map inspired by The Last Of Us, specifically a Checkpoint in some abandoned city, blending elements from both TLOU 1 and 2.

Here are some references and the initial blocking of the scene.

The building painted in red is the only one that will have an interior; the others will be modular buildings.

2 Likes

This week, I focused on creating different modular systems that can be combined with each other.

1 Like

This week I made progress with the base texturing of the modular buildings. There’s only one left to finish.

1 Like

Greetings @Panchot951; I hope you’re doing well! Your “The Last of Us” inspired checkpoint is coming together nicely! Did you enjoy playing The Last of Us series; if you played? :eyes:

1 Like

Hi there @Panchot951,

Hope you’re well and having a wonderful week so far :slight_smile:

As an avid-super-nerd for The Last of Us, I’m thrilled to get to watch this develop. The city design is already super impressive. Just out of curiosity, do you plan on adding the beloved clickers?

1 Like

This week I finished the modular system and its texturing. Additionally, I added sidewalks and the street, and conducted a first test with decals and their texturing.

1 Like

This week I focused on completing the central part of the checkpoint, where I modeled various sizes of fences, the main barrier, and the tent structure. I also attempted to perform Cloth simulation tests to drape cloth over the model for a more realistic look, but unfortunately, I didn’t succeed.

Additionally, I created a trimsheet for the different supports of the structure and for the fences.

Furthermore, I downscaled some textures from 4K to 2K to improve performance.

Hi there @Panchot951 !

This is coming along so well! I’m very excited to see the further details you add along the way.

Are you planning on making it just a scene or will there be added individuals to populate the scene as well?

1 Like

Haha, yes, I love The Last of Us, and the good thing about doing this job is that I got to replay some chapters and sections to take references. Thanks for your comment.

I would love to add some Clickers, but for now, the important thing is to give a good finish to the city and make it look as best as possible. If I have enough time, hopefully, I can add some Clickers throughout the map.

1 Like

For now, I don’t intend to add people to my scene. However, if I believe or see that they would help improve my scene and I have the time to do it, I would love to add people.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to respond. :slight_smile: Good luck with the city creation and hope it turns out exactly how you picture. Can’t wait to see it :smiley:

1 Like

No more RED CUBE!!!

This week, I focused on modeling the exterior and applying textures to the building that was supposed to go where the red block was before.

This week, I’m going to model some stands to fill in the interior a bit and also to block access to the interior.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification! Out of curiosity, did you ever try to beat the game on grounded difficulty? It seems almost impossible to do! :laughing:

Great work on the update this week! As much as I miss the RED CUBE, it’s nice to see a more fitting structure fill its place. :office:

1 Like