The Horse Starter Kit

ok thats good news. and in the level blueprint you are casting to “Horse_Rider_Anim_Blueprint_New”?

Nope, that’s the problem, it casts to the original blueprint of your Kit… unlike the Horse Buleprint it doesn’t update the Casts for the Rider automatically. Is there a way to manually change it to my new Rider Blueprint?

Sorry for the Noob Question BTW, im still in the process of learning Blueprints :slight_smile:

ok, in your level blueprint Swap out the node for the rider - right click, and in the serch type “CastToHorse_Rider_Anim_Blueprint_New”
Use that node- swap out the connections and you should be good.

ok… just tried to replace and connect…

It would have been to easy.

Allright i just Hardcore deleted the old Rider Blue Print from the Project (also replacing the reference with my Rider in the Delete Dialog) and now it updated the casts… the Mount and Dismount also plays porperly now.

I guess i left Unreal no choice XD

Hey @Living Systems… Thanks for taking some time, while the mystery still isn’t solved at least it is fixed.

Glad you got it worked out. :slight_smile:

Hello,
Are there two types of controllers?
The question is because I have my own player controller (game topdownview) and yours isnt, so is there also a rider controller that takes over upon mounting? since I would like to keep my normal controller (click to move), however upon mounting switching to a controller that will move as your asset (WASD) and camera aswell.

thanks.

I’m looking for a way to put the function (calling horse, mounting and riding, etc into a blank level, or one that I have added some terrain myself. Are there any learning resources/tutorials included in the package that I just purchased for EUR 108? If I add my terrain and then remove the default assets, the horse ends up riding off the cliff of the world, and the preview crashes. Any suggestions on what I can remove without the simulation crashing? I really like the “quick and dirty” function since I’m using this to illustrate a riding bridge in the Icelandic highlands.

You need to transfer the Level Blueprint from the demo level to your new level. Also the horse rout targets that are referenced in the Level Blueprint need to be added to your new level. If this is too advanced for you then I advise you to start with the demo level and delete the things you don’t need. You can copy your terrain and paste it into the demo level. That would be the easy way to do it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey so, I purchased the kit. But I just realized its a full project only on windows (I am on a mac). So I can’t open the project. I have bought a bunch of assets that were only on windows, and they always work, but I’ve never had to create a project from them :confused:

However, I only really wanted the horse model and horse animations. And the rider animations.

Is there anyway that you could potentially just send me those somehow? Or do you know of anyway to open the raw files on a mac? or potentially a refund?

Cheers,

Edit: Its also okay if you can’t, it was my fault for not seeing the download type in the store page. But any help would be much appreciated

Unfortunately I don’t have any experience with Mac’s are you unable to open the project at all?

So what if I have a project pretty well along with my own character and large level ? Can I bring the horses and anims , etc… , into my game already in progress? Or should I say , is there a video or some documentation for integrating this into an existing project with existing character?

You need to create a HorseStarterKit project in the same unreal version as your your existing project. Then open that project and Migrate the HorseStarterKit folder to your games Content folder. To use the horse like in the demo level you need to copy over the level blueprint from the HorseStarterKit demo level and also copy over the inputs to your existing project.

And that’s it? What about animations?

The animations are in the animations folder. However the animations and the animation blueprints are already attached to the Horse Blueprints that you drag into your level. You basically want things in your Custom project to match the Horse Starter Kit Demo Level. Post any further issues you encounter as you encounter them.

My character has ability to wear armors and equiptment pieces, if I get on horse will those not go with me?

There’s no documentation for adding to existing project?

If your character uses the Unreal Skeleton then yes your character with anything attached to it will work. There is no documentation and this will take custom work on your end.

Right , i’m not so good with these things , I may not be able to get it to work and its quite a bit to spend if I can’t. My character does use unreal skeleton . Even if there was a general guide to walk through steps , like retargeting mounting anims and things. I mean , I know how to retarget anims , but I figure there must be much more involved to adding this to existing project.

Read through post #18 in this thread for using your custom character with the Kit. In the video I swapped out the ThirdPerson mesh with some Infinity Blade Characters.