The Epic MegaJam Team Up Thread!

Hello,

Looking to participate with a team just for the fun of it.
I’ve got about a month’s worth of experience with UE4 so I’m not going to try to apply for highly experienced teams.
Rather than that I’m looking for a team, or members that can join me, to simply team up to make a game for fun.
I opened up my schedule for the full duration of the GameJam and hope to make something neat.

Message me if you’ve got a team or are willing to join my, currently non-existent, team.

Anyone looking for a team member please pm me

Thought I’d fly by and say hi :smiley:

I’m a 9000D Character Artist
Here’s some of my stuff: https://www.artstation./artist/executex

Don’t really have much of a low poly work in there, but certainly I know how to create various assets, make low poly, texture etc etc
Reason why I want to participate: To learn something new, to widen my knowledge by any means necessary, as well as to improve my team based skills.

Cheers,
Oliver

KEEN FOR A TEAM.

I think my original teammates’ are going to drop on me, so if folks are looking, I’m keen! Planning on taking a week off for this one.

EDIT: Sorted now! Bring it awwwwwn

I’ll throw my hat into the ring, looking for a team as well. Primarily skilled in C++ but can also work with blueprints if required.

someone pick me up 3d molder / animator i have an OK skill level doing this for fun

Hey, I do 3D stuff (modeling and animating, environment and characters, high and low poly). Looking to join a team. PM me.

Hey there, Sound Designer/Audio Implementer dude looking for a team to join!

Skunkmeister here! I have never participated in a game jam before but have a deep and profound understanding of 3D modeling, access to a massive (homemade but HD) library of tiled textures with all accessory maps also generated (with great detail and effort) by me! I can be helpful with modeling and I believe I am skilled at material and shader design. However, I am unlikely to be available for much of the time during the Game Jam so I apologize for that. PM me if interested and I may join a team! FYI, I will not be taking this completely seriously due to school and other work. Thanks! Good luck and have fun :wink:

Edit* I lack an understanding of blueprints but am average at traditional programming in several languages! I can also due environment design/art and take great joy in doing so!

I am looking to join a team for this game jam. My skills are in level design, modeling and blueprints.

Video demos:

https://vimeo./user16829779

We may have 2-3 members of our team unavailable.

Looking for very motivated to win members. Level designer (both set dressing with props and creating landscapes either with the landscape tools or with heightmaps), an extra hand blueprinting with me, and 3D artists for cars/guns/environmentals models and texturing. Or people who are jack of all trades.

Please dont message me unless your very serious about winning. This is a very important jam! Looking for people willing to test ideas out for real in a test project before the jam rather than brainstorming a million “wouldn this be cool” ideas back and forth. Skype blendertek or PM and I’ll show you the early prootype footage of some ideas and we can talk about showing you the current ideas project. I am in this TO WIN!

Credentials: 3rd place allars choice October with Fishermans Dream and worked previously with Septembers winner Doggie Love Death (hitpawz and Avolanty) as well as community known freshlemonade/graeme_crackers. I run unrealtek.net and blendertek. including their respective youtube channels. You’ve probably seen my tutorials on youtube before. Previous projects are available to play on Perforce.

I have a very basic but working prototype project I’ve been testing ideas with and have some game footage and a prototype project I can show any perspective people. Its going to involve cars and guns and multiplayer. I already have alot of the logic setup and have my commerical projects’ 3d modeller working on some cars and environmentals.

Forgive me for sticking my nose all up in your business, but is it really in the spirit of a game jam to have so much work done prior to the actual jam beginning?

Having seen quite a few posts about having prototypes and testing ideas, i think this is quite common.

Ill laugh if the theme is “World with no cars or guns”

derp

If anyone would like to pick me up for the team I have experience with modelling, texturing and a little bit of blueprinting.

Test Scene/Game I made via UE4:
https://www.youtube./watch?v=NfEO2Nt9GbM&feature=youtu.be

www.artbypaine.

Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook./DanielPaineGamesArtist

Usually I say the same but in talking to many community popular and former team members… nearly everyone or everyone I know, which is a fair list, is prototyping major parts of their games. Whether it be gameplay, or characters of extremely high quality and APEX or doing C++ coding etc. Competition is gonna be tight and we’re gonna see games that no one could create in a week.

Edit: But I do understand your point. Its the argument of… does making assets prior to a jam not knowing a theme only that a jams comnig up vs using premade assets during the jam have a difference?

Themes whats gonna kill some of the prototypes I’ve seen people make, theyre WAY too specific. But I will eat my hat. And punch Alex P and Chance through the stream.

BTW, just updated the Epic MegaJam thread with a list of pre-registered teams and this blurb -

“In order to streamline the playing, judging, recording, and winners announcement process, we’re requesting that teams participating in the jam let us know beforehand in order to prepare appropriately for the event. We’ll update the list with links to the games afterwards, too, so everyone can find your title without having to scroll through the whole thread :slight_smile: Pre-registration is not required for entry, and we know people will come in later, but it will greatly aid us in turning everything around quickly. We expect a few more submission than normal this go around and appreciate your help in making this event awesome :cool:

Please send myself or Alexander a PM with your team name and number of team members and we’ll get you added to the list!

I get what you’re saying and building a game ahead of time and using that for the game jam would be cheating for sure. I think what Nsomnia is talking about is prototyping ideas for purpose of learning so that when time for the game jam rolls around you actually spend that time building your game rather than spending hours reading through unreals wiki documentation, watching tutorials, and trying to figure out how on earth the car rig works.

I think having an idea of what you want to make ahead of time helps keep everyone on the same page as well.

I believe game jam runs on the principle of creating your assets and the whole project from start to finish within given time. Anyone who go around this principle technically are cheating regardless if rules allow it or not.

Figured I’d chime in here :cool:

Typically, we’re pretty loose on the rules as the jams are put together in the spirit of fun, challenge, growth of skills, and celebrating the community. This time around, we’ve added a few minimum requirements with the stakes being a bit higher. While it’s not really possible to enforce an “all original” or “all built in the timeframe” rule in an online event (works great when you lock people into a room to jam :stuck_out_tongue: ), we encourage those that participate to work within those bounds if they can. We do plan on making the theme a bit less open for wide interpretation this go around as well.

Happy development everyone!