The Cornfield

Hello everybody! this is my first post on the forum, my submission for the Nightmare Environment Challenge organized by Exp Points.
An excellent opportunity to test everything you have learned and also to learn along the way, I decided to create my own concept and started from sketches and references, inspired by stories of farms and cornfields, and of course the movie “Signals” that marked my life haha, it was very interesting to see different concepts of horror and fear in the process.
Im very happy with the final result and with the opportunity to participate and exchange with the other artists, I still have a lot to improve, but I hope you like it! (in artstation you can find part of the breakdown)

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/NG6bDD

https://youtu.be/BQR1mVjf5U8

3 Likes

Greetings, @Francocp95; I hope you’re doing well! Thank you for sharing your incredible submission, “The Cornfield,” with us here in the forums! You developed quite an eerie scene, with each asset perfectly complementing the environment! Did you create these assets from scratch? How long did it take to finish this creation? :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hey there @Francocp95,

Welcome to the Unreal Engine Forums!

This project is absolutely terrific! Specifically, that cornfield is great, it feels like a massive living wall. The perfect place for a UFO landing, of course. The choice to go with a farmhouse in disrepair was a great one. It’s one of those locations that have always felt ominous and historical - so adding in a scifi element seems perfect :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing your other work!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your comment! It is very motivating, I have created some elements, and others I took from the web, I share an image so that everyone can see it here too, as for the time I spent about a month to achieve it, every day working a little bit

Assets and materials created by me

Assets taken from the web

1 Like

Hey, thank you very much for your comment and for your support to my work, it’s good to read such positive opinions, I have a big project in mind and I’m sure I’ll share it with all of you when it’s finished

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see it :slight_smile: Happy developing in the meantime!

2 Likes

The pleasure is all mine! This is a very impressive creation for a month of diligent work; well done again. I hope you have a great weekend! I’m looking forward to seeing your next BIG project. :eyes: :grin:

1 Like