The capsule can rotate, but mesh bot can't

I learn the tuturial, Your First Game In Unreal Engine 5 | Epic Developer Community (epicgames.com)

But I can’t achieve the same effect as the video. the mesh bot can rotate. here is what i have done.

My game video

as you can see, the capsule rotate with curser, but mesh bot can’t. I don’t know where i am wrong. I swear i followed the steps one by one.

Q0CQEB@3)0D4@`@1G@1%WD

orient rotation to movement is checked.

I change the mesh’s world rotation to relative rotation, the problem solved. I remeber in the video he said you need to change to relative. I don’t understand why for now, hope I can understand in future.

Relative I’m assuming is another word for local as to the context.

World is usually a fixed value as to direction. Think of a compass where North will be fixed value for the purpose of navigation.

Relative, or local, is a value relative to the individual joint rotation. For example the root bone starts with a value of 0 degrees you could rotate it by 10 degrees but the attached child joint will remain at 0 “relative” to that joint. If set to world both the parent and child will have it’s rotation value set to to the world.

1 Like