The asset failed to save

Thx man !!! helped to save my work :slight_smile:

Same issue! I had three others open for reference and did not see it.

yet got me too. nearly lost it!

I totally learned something today:P This is sure one of the classical N00B mistakes. :stuck_out_tongue: But thanks for this threads existance! :smiley:

ha ha… same. thanks for posting

You just saved me a sleepless night, thanks!

You are awesome!

It makes sense to add functionality to Unreal Engine which would (IF ENABLED, so it have to be switchable functionality ON and OFF) prevent to open second instance of the Editor (Similar to many programs out-there)

Many software does utilize this functionality by the way you open it.
Example. 3DS max by clicking on the Icon will not start second instance, except if you click with right mouse button and open a new instance
(3DS Max 2017)
Photoshop does the same. (Second instance can be opened if you click on the icon on the toolbar, otherwise it just minimizes or maximizes already opened window)

…After mentioning this… i have tested many software i got here and i found that almost any of those support this functionality,
except Unreal Engine Editor and of course some Computer Games, But Maya, 3DsMax and many other professional software support it. So its pretty standard already.

This engine has no safeguards in it to prevent these kind of problems and conflicts Because there’s no safeguards, the editor just grinds along and
then without warning crashes.

I believe that it makes sense to add this safeguards

and years later, I did the same. Thanks

Had the same problem, thanks!

Oh Unreal Engine is lot more SNEAKIER than that. Sometimes, it will open a second copy of the editor without showing any icon up at all on the Task Bar
but it shows it instead as a process running silently in the background in the task manager. I’ve had that happen a few times to cause the asset save error.

Then you have to shut that process down, and relaunch, for sometimes the menu launcher don’t launch when its got a copy of the editor running in the background.

The problem with Unreal Engine IS ITS LACK OF FUNCTIONALITY in just about EVERYTHING, the instablity of the Blueprint system which gets buggy at times… Errror messages that only engine technicians can understand, Can Crash also without any warning, has no crash prevention… No safety net to prevent crashes.
Engine does not always know what the error is and says Érror Unknown… The list goes on.

Same thing, launched editor twice

Hello, I was have some problem. Thank you for your reply.

YOU SAVED MY BUTT! It was really weird i was cringing because it happened to me and i made a lot of changes and was getting kinda nervous they weren’t going to save.
Thanks mate!

Bro! Thank you! Ive been going crazy for an hour!

Did the same thing…freak out was only momentary thanks to this post.

had to close other instance of Unreal Engine hidden that I could only see from the Task Manager, then it worked