🌹 Thank You for UE5!

Dear Epic and UE Community,

I wanted to create a Thank You thread where you can let Epic know what you are enjoying about UE5! So please post away and tell us all what you are having fun with!

Thank You Epic, For Making The World More Fun!

I also wanted to thank Epic myself for so many years of making the entire world more fun, and helping us to manifest our own dreams :sun_with_face:

There’s nothing quite like having a beautiful vision, or a fun gameplay idea, and being able to use Unreal Engine to make that dream into a reality that I can then run around and play in, and even share with others!

I use Unreal Engine every day, the UE Community is a part of my daily life!

:rose: Thank you Epic for UE5! You’re all the Best! :rose:

:heart:

Rama

58 Likes

i first played unreal tournament after quake 3 arena. what i loved about q3a was it nailed mechanics. what i loved about ut was mechanics + extra beauty.

meanwhile i’m a hobby turned pro programmer, and 3d games were always the 1 kind of software i couldn’t imagine how it worked. i’ve made complex server stuff, mobile apps, wearable apps, rich spa web apps, basically everything. now after all this time i’m going to learn game dev with ue5 and rust my main lang. i can’t even figure out how to invert my mouse and i love it.

thx for the long epic road.

3 Likes

I had a bad week but the release of UE5 just made my year.

Thank you Epic Games!

8 Likes

Yes Epic has made my year too, with UE5’s release!

A whole new playground to play in!

Rama

4 Likes

Just for fun comparing couple of my 3D print files with nanite… just messing around with a new shiny UE5

3 Likes

Thank You Epic For Editor Color Themes!!!

True Story: When I went down to Epic HQ in `14, they asked if I had any feedback on the engine.

My only request of the engine team was if they could make it easy for us to customize the colors of the UE4 Editor, and now finally, we can! Thank youuuu!

Rama’s Joy Theme

In honor of this much-wanted addition, I’ve made what I feel is a fairly demure custom theme, if someone wants it I can post the .json file in this thread!

Thank You Epic and Engine Team!

Rama

PS: The only thing I can’t seem to change is the dark grey color of the spaces between grid lines in the blueprint graph space, I searched everywhere I could find. :sun_with_face:

9 Likes

Yeah, I’m really happy with all the changes. I love how much more compact the editor is, so the main viewport can have more space. Thank you Unreal Engine developers, great job!

4 Likes

Very excited about MetaSound! I’ve got a lot of msuic experiences to come. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

If Epic would now start with propper documentation and assist with support for console developers … that would truly be great. The current situation is outrageously bad in this regard. There is still no documentation on Series X and PS5 and no way to get any support. I would love to see this addressed first before UE5.

2 Likes

Hey, to change the dark grey colour in the blueprint graph, you will have to customize the “background brush” in the “graphs” section of “Appearance” in editor preferences. If you just want a flat color, Get a plain white texture and put it in the “Image” section, then change the “Tint” to whatever you want. Be sure “Draw As” is set to Box or Image.

2 Likes

Welcome to the UE5 forums @PxlBliss !!!

Yes I can’t wait to see also what we can do with Audio Analysis to generate runtime representations of music and gameplay sounds!

Rama

This thread is a very good idea!
Epic has done an incredible job, gave users incredible possibilities over last years and literraly crushed his opponents.

I hope some day I can earn money and give royalties to the team :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you for the tip about background brush @Simple_Binomial

Now my Joy Theme is complete!

Rama

2 Likes

I too have to say thanks to everyone behind Unreal Engine 5. I’m just shocked right now. Downloaded a 900k triangle model, enabled Nanite, duplicated it 30,000 times. I ended up with about 14FPS, but it worked. I’m speechless. Again, thank you everyone behind the engine and all those who contribute to making this the best game engine out there.

2 Likes

I already saw comments somewhere when users discussed using ue5 for ambient music making and even modifying code to make Lumen react with musical waves or whatever… even i did not understood exactly what they wanted to do. This shows how great EPIC is and of course EPIC will benefit itself too in long term when new generation of people grow up with Unreal and schools teach Unreal and list goes on. Even i as just a hobbyist currently promote Unreal whenever i find suitable.

I am sure soon we all find what beautiful and breathtaking art world will do… and of course games that have great light and details. This will be one hell of a ride.

2 Likes

New shiny, my precious. :smiley:

1 Like

Hee hee! Actually the colors instantly boost my mood I find, and help me think more clearly, color-based therapy is real! Though I am sure everyone will have their own preferences, which is why UE5 Editor Color Themes are so awesome, now we can turn the UE5 editor into a Color Healing Tool!

:heart: Thank you Epic Devs! :heart:

Rama

3 Likes

Thank You Epic for Collections!

Thank you for this feature, this was always my favorite work flow throughout UE4 development!

I am so happy they are here in UE5 too!

In large projects, collections speed up my daily workflow significantly, and I am grateful for them every time I use them to avoid approximately 30 seconds of clicking through folder trees :slight_smile:

Rama

PS: This is sort of a belated thank you for Collections as a concept, though I am also specifically happy they are still here, in UE5. :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Your eyes probably are very strong to see UI in that color :upside_down_face: My eyes are very weak in this area and monochrome gray is most suitable for me aka default UE5 theme.

1 Like

Anybody attempt using the save pose library? cant get it to replace any set animations with the saved poses in sequence for mouth. For speech animations. set mouth to pose, save it, move timeline and wont affect model. Same model used for the saved pose.