Download

TextureStreamingPool is over 10MB?

Hey Everybody…

I keep getting this message in my level? and it’s strange because i don’t have any textures in my level?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This may not be the fix you are looking for, but entering “r.Streaming.PoolSize = 1500” into the console should fix the issue. I think the default is 1000. I believe the message has to do with how UE4 caches textures when opening a project or displaying a scene. There are other settings/console variables dealing with texture streaming. What I did was just add the command into the engine’s consolevariables.ini so that it just always defaults to the above. I also have noticed that it will scale the value on its own sometimes depending on the amount of vram on the gpu.

Depending on how much memory your GPU has access to the poolsize can vary (I have 6GB but choose to dedicate 4GB). I prefer adding it to the defaultengine.ini file as opposed to adding it to via the Console each session.

Add to DefaultEngine.ini

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.GenerateMeshDistanceFields=True
r.Streaming.UseFixedPoolsize=True
r.Streaming.PoolSize 4000

I found the information in this link Increase Non-Streaming Texture Pool Size? - UE4 AnswerHub

Hope it helps.

Keep in mind that will change it for packaged versions too, which might not be what you want

UE4 doesn’t seem to elevate the pool stream size based on your card, as mentioned above it’s usually set to 1000. You’ll have to manually increase it to per project.