3. Compare color in material with texture color
    Please, see example screens

Does anyone know what is wrong?
Thanks

Can you show the material?

ClockworkOcean
Sure

Ok, hmmm…

I think it might be your import of texture settings… Is it just default RGB?

I saw this:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/rendering/1651149-problems-with-srgb-and-washed-out-textures

The cloudiness is a result of the way your texture is sampled. To fix this, use Nearest-setting. Note that you need to do this for each and every pixel-art texture.

310948-sampling.png

As for the faded colour, that would be the tonemapper. To fix that, add a boundless post process actor to your scene, and override everything relevant such as autoexposure to manual, colour correction to none etc.

EDIT: In texture settings, make sure sRGB is enabled. In the material itself, make sure the texture is read as Colour instead of Linear Colour.

PS You didn’t ask, but if you’re going for pixel art and don’t require shading (looks like it in your screenshot), switch to Unlit material. It’s significantly cheaper to render, and gives you more artistic control and consistency in what I assume is your use case.

I would suggest when you save the firehouse artwork that you save one as an image without alpha (png,jpg), and use for color. Create a new node ‘texture sample’ with the image+Alpha and just use Alpha of that node to plug into opacity mask. The mask will allow for the cutout but the color will be vivid from the .png image. Just a thought, good luck!

This is not going to fix the issue, the problem isn’t with the texture that’s been imported. See my answer for further detail.

Thanks to all for help. Steps from stuck compiling message really help me with texture.