TextRender not visible on ios

And then it appeared (in preview at least) … For a bit I thought this might be because I branched the material and moved to translucent but then I realised that text I hadn’t swtiched over had started working.

Other changes I made in the meantime included switching on HDR for mobile (which I think got my particle effects working, at least in preview) and enabling metal.

Didn’t appear on the device, until I deleted all intermediate data, then a few builds after showed the text, and now it’s gone again.

Hi theonecalledtom,

This should be fixed as of 4.6, what version of the editor are you currently using? Additionally, what font and scale are you using in your text render actors? You said they appear if you delete the intermediate data but disappear again once you have intermediate data once more? Do you have anything that could be overriding the text render information?

I still have this issue on 4.10.4. My text is not displaying on my iphone6. It does display in my preview.

Another weird thing is that if I build my project from unreal installer, it shows up on my device. But if I build from unreal source on github, my font does not show up on my device.

I also get this message in my xcode console:

Feb 26 22:59:39 Joshs-iPhone
SWShooting[1612] :
[2016.02.27-05.59.39:245][
0]LogSlate:Warning: ‘Roboto’ does not
provide a composite font that can be
used with Slate. Slate will be forced
to use the fallback font path which
may be slower.

HI joshmmo,

This specific error is from several years ago and as such the editor has gone through significant changes. Please open a new answerhub post in the bug reports section so we can assist you more in depth.