Text render not showing up after trigger box is triggered

Yes, the flow is correct

I have a simple script that makes a text render show up if the player is inside the trigger box, but this does not work. The render text never shows up, even if i set the visibility to true it only shows on the editor.

The trigger box is working, i already tested, the only problem is the text render itself.

I appreciate any help

Does the Actor Begin Overlap trigger? Print String to check.

Yes, i already tested.

Can you get to the node with break points?

So the render text is invisible even if it starts Visible in the editor?

Perhaps you flagged it as Hidden in Game at some point - these two work separately? Or thatā€™s a no, too?

Yeah, it remain invisible even if starts visible in the editor. Itā€™s not hidden in game, already checked that. These two work together, i put both triggerbox and render text to be visible, but they donā€™t appear. You can see that in my second screenshot. I tried everything already, i dont know what to do anymore, maybe its a bug?

Did you try using an actor blueprint with an OnOverlap script?

i dont know what to do anymore, maybe
its a bug?

Who knows, might be.

As a test - could you set the scale of every (including the text render) component in that actor to 1? Grasping at straws here :slight_smile:

No, how can i achieve that?

Make sure ā€œOnly Owner Seeā€ is uncheked.

Edit: if that doesnā€™t work, recreate the BP and see if it happens again.

I think I found the problem. The problem is that the parent of the bp is a trigger box, which is hidden by default. So, go to the class default and uncheck ā€œActor hidden in gameā€. Now everything should be visible, the box, the sprite and the text.
So now, scale the billboard to 0 (you will lose the button sprite - if you change itā€™s visibility in code, thereā€™s a warning about it, so donā€™t) and change the visibility of the box.

Next time, start with an empty actor and add the components you want. Better control and less problems.

1 Like

i tried that now, but did not work :confused:

Itā€™s unchecked, i will try to recreate my BP now.

iā€™ve just recreated my BP, does not work :frowning:

I created a empty actor as you mentioned and it worked. Could you write a answer so i can accept it? Thank you so much again.

ā€˜Hidden in gameā€™ itā€™s already uncheked in the parent class. But i think you are right, i will restart this BP using a empty actor instead of a trigger box. I was testing here and this BP works if created from a Static mesh that is in the scene. Thank you for the help!