a snakey puzzle game launching into early access
Temple of Snek is a snake-based rhythm-puzzle-dungeon-explore-and-monch-em-up, hitting early access on Steam on 28th August 2021.
What if Snek, but also Dungeon? Imagine playing as a giant snake slithering in time to the music around an intercoiled puzzle-dungeon, and monching infidels who have come to steal your gold - that’s Temple of Snek.
Features coming to the final version:
- a continuous, interwoven metroidvania-like puzzle dungeon
- five environments with distinct art, music and puzzle styles
- rhythm and length-based traps and puzzles
- 4 NPC types with unique puzzle mechanics
- secret powers to discover and master
- a wordless, environmental narrative with a twist in the tale
- procedural music that changes as you play
- Mek-a-Snek: design your own snake-skin pattern
- Classic mode: eat-and-grow score attack
- Level Editor: make and share your own snek puzzles!
Temple of Snek was made by a micro-team (1 developer, 1 pt musician/marketer, 1 pt QA) in UE4, using mostly Blueprint, with a handful of C++ for custom nodes.