Template

I’m giving some love to WMR headsets and in the following days, I’ll test that. Last time I checked there was no spatial mapping with the , so I’ve sadly worked with Unity, but I’m feverishly waiting for this feature in Unreal! I’ll get back to you this week!

Thank you for all your effort. @Proteus
I will stay tuned to your great work.

Spatial Mapping has been added to the Mixed Reality branch.

I have successfully implemented Spatial Mapping in an app running on the .

Here are some images from the with Spatial Mapping
As the commit states the mesh is not aligned properly with the world, but it’s good to see the progress the team is making.

Latest UWP Release and Dev-Mixed Reality Branch Hang on Load in , :S

[quote=“mrg7_, post:24, topic:97602”]

Latest UWP Release and Dev-Mixed Reality Branch Hang on Load in , :S

Try the following :

Go to the source of the UE4 build
Run Setup.bat
Then run GenerateProjectFiles.bat
After that rebuild UE4 in Visual Studio

If that didn’t solve your problem then try to delete the gesture events in the Holo pawn bp

Please post your results here.
Have fun :slight_smile:

Wow, I just joined, keep updating it please, I hope Epic will make UWP (Universal Windows Platform) as one of the option by default in the future.

WTF? Are you serious? Which commit did you use? Tell me it’s true since I’ve a big project in a month and I was already resigned to do it in Unity… I was waiting for spatial mapping to give some news there.

I’ve spent the last month working with the Samsung Odyssey and Dell Vizor – many bugs left – but I did not fired the
since I was waiting for that. Will try it tonight and report back.

I used the latest commit.
And I can get a solid 60 fps too
But UE4 still does not have a stabilization plane implemented yet so the holograms are shaky.
Apart from that it’s great.

I got this kind of crash when open the motioncontrollermap any idea what’s going on?

How was your test?

Not so good. Because there’s no stabilization plane yet, holograms are as shaky as they were 6 months ago. I finally did my project with Unity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DEiWC30O5c

Common Microsoft engineers! Give us at least stabilization planes, world anchors and spatial understanding. I’ll be very happy then and praise Clippy as my True God!

I have just finished building the engine and loading the template, but I cannot find any of the listed plugins (such as ‘Microsoft Windows Mixed Reality HMD’ plugin). Do these need to be downloaded separately?

Hey, not sure if you’re still updating, but I wanted to give it a try with since I got one to try out recently. In your instructions the github download for UE4 – Mixed Reality branch doesn’t work. Is this not needed or is there another location I can download it from? Thank you!

You need to link your GitHub-Account to your EpicGames-Account.
Simply follow the steps given here:

Any news here? Have anyone made it work fine with stabilization planes, world anchors and spatial understanding ? Have Microsoft and Unity marriage killed Unreal regarding this?

Any update on Unreal support?

Hi Proteus and co, I want to combine the and the Leap motion sensor to allow for 1 st and second person hand interaction. Are there any resources that you would recommend?

Kind regards,