Template Project || Red Objects | White Reflections | Teal Bloom

INTRO

Hello! I’m practically a novice with Unreal Engine, so I do not have a well-informed idea of what is normal.

WHERE

I have tried opening both the default template for a first-person-shooter and the default template for a third-person game; both projects have displayed the same (and, to me, unexpected) behavior.

WHAT

Images of what it looks like should appear after this paragraph. Basically, it is as if there is a horizontal plane of light resting, vertically, in the center of the camera. Above this plane, every object appears white, and a teal bloom falls off from the edge of the white areas. The bloom actually fades to a slightly dark vignette. I will include some additional (and possibly helpful) notes below the images.

HARDWARE & SOFTWARE

I am using a Mac Mini (with an M1 processor). I believe the computer is running Unreal Engine via Rosetta.

ADDITIONAL BEHAVIOR DETAILS

• The behavior is exhibited when playing the level.
  • The area of effect has a direct correlation to the camera’s vertical movement. (They match movement.)
  • The effect is only apparent when game objects are within the camera’s view. The sky-box is unaffected.

Oh, and for the record, I did change the default DirectionalLight’s (“Light Source”) intensity. It did not affect the bloom of the teal light effect.

QUESTIONS

Is this normal? How may I fix it?

UPDATE 01

I launched an empty project, and I discovered how to change it.

Toggling between the visible and not visible states of a SphereReflectionCapture object does change the effect.
Here are two images showing the differences:

UPDATE 02

I found this relevant post:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/ios-development/1844977-m1-mac-4-26-compatibility-report