Take Recorder MetaHuman Recording Suddenly Won't Let Me Save?

Hello Everyone,

I’ve run into a peculiar issue utilizing Metahuman/LiveLink/Take Recorder for face animation and I can’t seem to figure it out. I’m still learning Unreal, so apologies if I’m missing something blatantly obvious, but it WAS working earlier, and now it’s not. Specifically: Saving my takes from Take Recorder.

What I can do:

• I have successfully installed/enabled LiveLink, imported a Metahuman, and enabled the link to my phone.
  • I can ‘record’ a take using Take Recorder.
  • I can play the recorded take back in sequencer and it looks great.
  • I can literally save ANY other change I make to the project with the following exception below.
    • This includes other ‘takes’ using inanimate objects like a ball bouncing around.

What I can’t do:

• Save All in relation to the ‘Take’ I just recorded
    • When I save all, it gives me the following error screen stating that:
      • "The asset ‘/Game/Cinematics/Takes/2022-10-23/Scene_1_13_Subscenes/BP_Kristofer_Scene_1_13’ (BP_Kristofer_Scene_1_13.uasset) failed to save.
      • Cancel: Stop saving all assets and return to the editor.
      • Retry: Attempt to save the asset again.
      • Continue: Skip saving this asset only.
  • This is odd because this WAS working earlier.

What I’ve tried to do to troubleshoot:

• Verified that I DO NOT have multiple instances of UE5 running.
  • Verified that I DO NOT have old UE5 processes running.
  • Have attempted to modify the folder/project settings
    • Everything says ‘read only’ in windows explorer, but all other saves work just fine. Including the ‘bouncing ball take’ listed above
  • I’ve tried restarting
  • I’ve tried starting a new project, everything works and saves fine till I use Take Recorder with a MetaHuman
  • I’ve tried importing a different MetaHuman model.

Here’s a link to the error screen I’m seeing.

System/Tech Specs:

• Windows 10 Pro OS Build: 19044.2130
  • Unreal 5.03
  • Nvidia RTX 3090
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
  • 32.0 GB Memory
  • More than 32 GB free space on hard drive.
  • IPhone 14Pro Max

I’m literally at a loss as to how to troubleshoot this further/what’s wrong. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Any response on this? It’s driving me crazy, too. I’m hoping 5.1 will fix it, but I don’t have proper Noitom plugins for 5.1 to test yet.

I am having the same issue. The problem just popped up but is happening with every take recording now. Here is the error message:

Can’t save […]/Content/Cinematics/Takes/2023-08-25/DavidLucyTwo_05_Subscenes/BP_Lucy_DavidLucyTwo_05.uasset: Graph is linked to object World /Game/TUground/Maps/TN.TN (AttachParent) in external map

This post has a solution to the issue

Im still facing this issue with 5.2 anyone had any luck???