Switch - Multiplayer FPS - Where players design the environment

Has there been any progress on this project? Would love to see some recent updates!

We’re working on a new level that breaks up the grid we’ve shown previously. A lot of the empty spaces will be filled up with switchable objects… This will be playtested soon and more info will be shared in a new dev update :slight_smile:

Looking great ! I am super excited to give this project a try when it is ready. Keep up the great work!

Thanks! We can definitely use a lot of playtesters once we roll out our first gametype, which should be happening pretty soon.

If possible i’d like to be a part of the testing phase aswell :slight_smile:

We’re still figuring out how we’d like to manage this. I think we’ll get the Unreal community involved well before pushing it out to gamers. I’ll update this thread when I know more.

The possibilities are endless… I’ll stay tuned to see how this evolves.

Posted a new dev update over at http://www…com/switch-development-blog-5/ showing some new level screenshots & character animations from the Unreal Marketplace we are now working with.

Teaser:

Looking so good, love the recoil :slight_smile:

Thanks. The recoil is part of the AnimSet Pro available on the marketplace. Great animations!

Cooking up some new stuff for Switch. We’re building the FPS code from the ground up using ShooterGame as a reference this time.

is a recording showing some of that:

Weapon with some fancy DOF:

Borked alignment when crouching, but it does show of the DOF very well.

Looking good! I love the DOF. Looks pretty awesome with the weapon model. I can’t wait to try out your game! Keep up the good work! :smiley:

TY! The DOF is working pretty well on that weapon, I quite like the effect myself. Got a bit distracted on it, now it’s back to getting the gameloop complete with a new gamemode and all that.

Really like the futuristic art style on the troopers and their weapons and would like to see this carried through to the environment.

We got both through the marketplace. We’re considering them placeholders for now, but they do blend in well with the environment style we’re aiming for.

Ha ha… I didn’t recognize the Prototype characters as I hadn’t seen them in action. I hope you can maintain a similar aesthetic for your final release. Still really like the game concept!

With 4.6 launched, I immediately tried the network recording feature. It’s going to be very useful for gameplay capture, debugging and possibly some end-user mechanics too.

While I’m working on the geometry switching & weapon code, Mitch works on getting a new level up and running as seen below. (translucency distance increased for screenshot only)

We’re aiming for some new gameplay footage early next week!

36dad8ca164a1e0aef2d575491aea9de020b2477.jpeg

I know it might be a lot to ask, but could you guys maybe upload a short video of a few people facing off in a match?

Shaping up amazingly well; Great job!