Switch - Multiplayer FPS - Where players design the environment

Hi is is exactly what we are trying to put together at the moment. :slight_smile: So we should have some proper gameplay footage very soon.

For now, though :slight_smile: Bullet tracers:

I like where this game is heading -the tracers rounds and spark effects leave little doubt to whether or not you’ve hit your target!

Also, if you guys have playtests, I would love to participate! Looking forward to the video!

Glorious implementation, it looks great!

Very cool, so with this system you could make a spectator mode(like League, Dota, CS:GO) pretty easily I imagine.

Yes I would image we will use it for something like that.

One of the best ideas I’ve ever seen, wish I was the one to come up with it.

If you ever consider recruiting, let me know :wink:

Hehe thanks ! :slight_smile: Not recruiting right now, but I’ll keep you in mind once we do :wink:

Oh well a man can try. Been searching for a good concept along with my team for months now, we can’t find a single idea worth working on - until now.

Anyway, kepe up the good work!

Some gameplay clips we recorded yesterday evening during a playtest with friends.

It was great fun and we got a ton of useful feedback to integrate in the next build.

This looks awesome and really fun to play ! I can’t wait until the day I can finally get my hands on it. What hardware are you running the game on also? Anyways, keep up the good work! And if you ever need another play tester, I’m up for it. Just saying! :wink:

This is awesome! What method are you using for allowing players to connect with the listen server?

This looks great, will you allow user-made content like maps? I’d love to make a nice battleground. :slight_smile:

Thanks! We might allow that in the future, have not really thought about that too much though :slight_smile:

I use 's launcher at the moment which broadcasts the server’s IP to Parse.com, allow others to connect using “game.exe #ip” behind the scenes. We’re not using the fancy GameInstance logic yet which you can see in Shootergame for example which handles a lot of the failure cases.

Currently I’m using a GTX 580, i7 2600k, 16GB DDR3 with SSDs. I’ve had some heating issues when hosting 6+ players on my machine until I made some improvements to cooling, also we need to tackle transparency draw performance, we worked around this in the last playtest by using masked transparency instead of translucency.

I’ve tried to get a dedicated server game build up and running, but been running into a bunch of compilation & deployment issues, I’ll continue with that once I return from the visit to Epic. (One benefit is that I can experience the playtests as a client, giving me better insight in replication issues that I normally don’t experience as host)

And by that he means parse.com :wink:

Haha, my bad. Updated the original post with correct name.

So…I just had to log in to post on this thread. This is looking amazing. The concept is very interesting and I was drawn in by your 1st few posts. Really look forward to playing this in the future. I think that the gameplay mechanics adds something very unique and desirable. I really enjoy games that have that Sci-fi abstract setting such as this. Honesty its projects like these that I really want to get involved with. Keep up the good work…subscribed.

Thanks for the kind words mate!

We were at the Epic Games HQ last week where I took part in the weekly livestream on Twitch. In case you missed it:

http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/600626886 (Waiting on a YouTube link, that I’ll post once it’s up)

It was a great experience to go to the US, meet everyone at Epic Games HQ!

is a small weapon update I did since I returned home. It’s a very early WIP to set up the framework of projectile based weapons. As an added bonus I added some homing functionality for fun (and to be used with EyeX at a later time)

The sounds are dope!

A short recap of our latest developments & visit to Epic Games

http://www…com/switch-update-visit-epic-games/

e8caec2c69c6acf7cc156947cbb78edaf2aeaee0.jpeg