Swimming using Water Pack

Hi There,

I am trying to get my character to swim using the recent water pack upgrade. Although, I saw the two tutorials online about creating a swimming pool and having your character swim in it (first person). What I am actually interested in doing is applying swimming to the water pack considering it constantly generates waves. My game is 3rd person, and the water source is actually the ocean. I tried applying a physics volume to no luck. Is there a better way to go about making the water pack ocean water asset be interactive for swimming?

Thanks a bunch.

You can do that with the technique showed in this video -> (e.g in my vegetation package I use the same technique to let the grass sway when the player walks over it) :slight_smile:
The only thing that you have to do is to generate the wave effect in your material -> therefore you can just use the default waves + change the appearance of them till it looks like the effect that you want. Otherwise you could also do it with a particle system which gets spawned at the players position on the water surface.