When trying to render the lightmass for my project tonight, i found the lightmass calculations were still busy multiple hours after i started it,
So when i went to check up the progress in the swarm agent program.
Then I discovered that at around 40% of the “elapsed time” diagram, Out of my 16 cores, 8 cores finished their job with only 8 cores continuing, 20 minutes later 5 other jobs ended. Since then the bulk of the render time, swarm has just used the remainder 3 cores for the rest of the build.
Even a few hours later my CPU is chugging away at 18.75% load of it’s full calculating power.
Is there a way that these kinds of jobs are better distributed over multiple cores, as the render times on my project now seem unnecessarily long.