Swarm Agent: [ERROR] Provider load failure (Light Build doesnt start)

I installed both of them, but no changes when building level in Unreal Engine. Swarm Agent still gives me provider load failure, or the " Failed to connect to Swarm." error.

I tried uninstalling UE4 entirely, by removing it, then reinstalling it, but problem still persists after reinstall.

Hello -

So it sounds like that there is a registry error in Windows somewhere that is not allowing a .NET Framework from correctly working with Swarm Agent. Short of doing a full re-install of windows only other suggestion I can give you is to uninstall ALL NET Framework VS installations on your PC and allow your Windows Update program to re-download and uninstall them. This should, but I cannot guarantee, correct issue.

Eric Ketchum

Hi, i have done a full reinstall of windows, and bought a copy of Windows 10 Pro, and upgraded to that.

However i made sure to test it before i upgraded, and a full reinstall of windows did solve problem.

Sadly nothing else i tried solved this problem, but i hope that some of steps done can help someone in right direction if they are having a similar issue.

For me a full reinstall of windows seems to be what was required, or maybe as Eric stated, if possible to uninstall ALL .NET Framework VS installations and reaquire them using Windows Update.

It is not required to update to Windows 10 like i did, but i decided to upgrade from Windows 8.1 while i was at reinstalling it.

I am however unsure if Free Upgrade to Windows 10 will solve my problem, as that does not reinstall windows, only upgrades it. In my case, my windows seemed broken as i was unable to update using Windows Updater, and therefore i went with a full reinstall.

Best Regards

I have managed to reproduce problem on another computer that i was going to reinstall anyway. Here are steps i did.

NOTE: In my case, doing these steps was not reversible. A full re-install of windows was required to fix it after following these steps.

1. Press Windows Start Button

1. Search for Windows Features
  2. Click on Turn Windows features on or off
  3. Find .NET Framework 4.5 / 4.6 and expand everything in it
  4. Inside WCF Services, there should be a ticked box: TCP Port Sharing untick this, and Swarm Agent will get same error. However, I was unable to recheck this, in my case after checking it and pressing OK, i was prompted with an Installation Failed.

Those were steps i did to reproduce issue. I hope these might help for future troubleshooting, or help with a workaround for this, i hardly think its a common problem however, but in my case Swarm Agent stopped working when TCP Port Sharing was Not ticked.

That’s it? Reinstalling Windows?! Is there no solution even in 2020?