[SUPPORT]CAMERA 360 v2. System

NEWS 22.03.2023. A new mode for Stereo Lumen, Ray tracing.You can update to last verstion Camera360v2
Support for 5.1
The update has been sent to the market. We are waiting for approval!
It took me a long time to develop new modes and I managed to achieve this. Now you can make stereo using any rendering system (Lumen, Raytracing, Screen Space, Path Tracing).

Yes, the rendering time may be long now, but it’s much faster than PathTracing rendering. It is also worth considering that rendering a large number of frames is more profitable than doing 1 frame. Don’t be surprised that you will see “1176 tasks for rendering” -

Update information: i added quality slize 1-4.
This allows you to do a quick render test before the main rendering. In any case, for now I advise you to check which value is suitable for you.The higher the value, the less noticeable the problems with the edges at the bottom and at the top.
I’m still working on their complete elimination.

1. Added new projections for correct Stereo: Equirectangular (360 Stereo), FullDome (Stereo), Cilindrical (Stereo), VR180 (Stereo)
  2. Fix - Masks for FullDome are created automatically.
  3. In Camera added automatic Flags off for (Vignette, Bloom, LightShaft).You will only have to change the Exposure to manual mode in the Postprocess.

Note:
-Rendering is set to min and max = 8k. In future updates, I plan to add a choice of rendering quality.
be sure to use Anti-Aliasing.
-For working Mask, please using PNG output or EXR.
-When you rendering in stereo, please using 2:1 aspect ratio (example 8000x4000).
In the final output you will have an image in the format 1:1, example 8000x8000

For FullDome please using 1:1.

Unfortunately, prepare a large hard drive for rendering. Rendering 2 frames took 700 MB.
Therefore, after getting the Left and Right Eye, you can delete the Camera1-6 folders

360 stereo:

VR180 stereo:

FullDome stereo:

Please, if you see any errors, let me know. Lenina62-@mail.ru

Update information:
The update is delayed until it is approved in the market.

I checked the rendering speed of the scene at 1864 frames. The rendering time was 45 hours.
Size 8000x8000 .

Size all files 925 gb. Therefore, you will have to render in parts, after receiving stereo images, delete all unnecessary files manually.

Youtube video:

Uncompressed video:

I found problems when rendering. And the primary tasks

1. are to increase the rendering speed
  2. get rid of seams, this can be seen in the image. The good news is, it doesn’t catch the eye in stereo mode, I checked it on HTC Vive.
  3. Make automatic deletion of already used files.

Information:
Image Distortion
Due to the manner in which the stereo images are created, you will get some image distortion/pinching at the top and bottom of the image. You can see an example of what this distortion/pinching looks like in the following image.

TP_Image_Distortion.png

Click for full image.

While you can not eliminate this distortion, there are a few things you can do to help minimize it. Below you will find a few tips on how to address this distortion/pinching issue.

• You can add a small gradient that fades to black at the bottom and or top of the image to help hide this distortion/pinching issue like in the image below.

TP_Image_Distortion_Fix.png

• Be careful with objects that get too close to the camera, as this will cause divergence, which makes it hard for a user to focus on the 3D image. While in some cases image divergence will not be possible to avoid, thinking about your camera placement can help lessen the effect.
5 Likes