[SUPPORT] CAMERA 360 System

Hello,
thanks for the great plugin. I created a Niagara Particle System in my UE 5 project and would like to render this particle effect through the Camera 360 Plugin, and somehow i am not seeing the particle system through the 360 camera. Is there a checkbox I need to activate for Niagara Effects to show up in Camera 360?

In the left viewport you can see what it should look like, while the right viewport shows the 360 Camera without any Fog.

Particles were created using this tutorial: Volume Smoke | Unreal Engine Niagara Tutorials | UE4 Niagara Volume Smoke | Download from Patreon - YouTube

Thank you, I appreciate any help with this problem :smiley:
Cheers, Nico

Hi, RichardRiso!
Thank you for your words, I will constantly improve the 360 camera so that the trust of my customers is always on to
I need to check it out.
Thank you for sending me a lesson.
In the meantime, try this solution:

1. Select Camera Rec 360;
  2. Find PNG system (HighResShot system);
  3. Find Custom Rendering → True and → FullPostProcess → True. And check rendering.

are u going to add that in the future as i just did the update and its still like that - just so i know so i can redo it everytime from now on

Hi, Arcane!
Thank you for reminding me!
I completely forgot to add this in the update.

I have just sent updates for versions 4.25-4.27. Soon the update will be available through the launcher.

1 Like

I just tried to add this to a 4.27 project and there is a compile error with the Camera_point_360 blueprint.

Good afternoon!
Can you write to me by email and send the error?

What actions did you take? Have you moved project 4.26 to version 4.27 ?
Try creating a project in version 4.27, then go to the launcher and add Camera 360 to your created project for version 4.27.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. I will email you a screen capture.

Ok the problem seems to be on my end. I tried on another PC and it works perfectly. Very strange. Thank you for your help.

Hi! I am glad that you have found a solution : ) If you have any questions, please write to me.

1 Like

Hi !

We’ve started using your plugin a few months ago and everything is working pretty well!

We have a specific use in mind: we want to produce a cylindrical projection instead of an equirectangular one (to be mapped to a perfectly cylindrical screen defined by height and diameter). To do so, we created a shader which is executed directly in composure in UE4 (as a custom material transformation pass) and takes as input the equirectangular render output by the Camera360 plugin. To do so, the input of the composure composition has been set to a “Media Texture Compositing Input”, which allows us to chose the “CubeTo2D” as a material. Applying our Equirectangular_To_Cylindrical material pass works then as expected and produces the desired cylindrical render from your equirect.

However, we noticed the PostProcess Volumes are not applied to our cylindrical render. Debugging, we noticed the input of the composure, which is your CubeTo2D material, does not have the PPV applied. This is probably because in your blueprint, it is the camera which captures the plane (on which the equirect texture is projected) which has the scene PPV applied. Enabling the Unbound setting on the PPV does not work either. You can see on the screenshot that the equirect render has the PPV applied, but the composure (which takes trhe CubeTo2D as input) does not have a PPV applied.

Do you have a solution to use Composure with your Camera360 plugin, with PostProcess Volumes applied to the Composure input? We’ve seen your tutorials on PPV with Camera360, but our need is really to get a RenderTarget or Material as an input of a Composure Composition so we can transform it to Cylindrical with the PPV applied.

Thanks again for your work!

Jonathan

Hi, Jonathan! I am glad that everything is fine with you and you find the 360 camera product very useful. Thank you for your words.
You need activation FullPostProcess. Try this solution. Select Camera Rec 360 actor and find Custom Render → FullPostProcess.

And say, solution working for you?

Hi ,
Thanks for the quick reply! Actually, we do not want to use your plugin as a way to screenshot the 360 viewport, but instead, we want to use the result of the equirect render as an input to our UE Composure Composition. This way we will have a real-time cylindrical render within our scene without ingesting image files.

But the composure only accepts as input, either a RenderTarget or a Compositing Element Material Pass. We can see that your tool renders a real time previs as it should (on the right on the screenshot), but what we need is “some form of 360 equirect render with PostProcess Volumes applied” to pass to composure as an input. You can see on the left on the previous screenshot that the composition shows the equirect as expected, but without the PostProcess Volumes applied.

Do you have an idea on how to use your 360 plugin with Composure with PostProcess Volume?

Thanks again for your help,

Jonathan

Hi, Jonathan!
I will fix this in a future version, thank you for telling me.
Please write to me email . I say solution for you. PostProcess Working.

Hi ,
I have purchased this to improve my 360 renders… Initially it worked with large seams on the 360 renders but now whenever I render using your 5th method of movie pipeline, all I get is an unlit rendering which is not 360 degrees, it is as if the camera is a normal camera not a 360 one. I have tried removing the camera and starting again from scratch and have checked your settings over and over but get the same result evey time. Do you know why this could be?

Hi, Joatseyboy!
You need to make a actor Camera Rec 360 to Camera Cut and check rendering.

if not working, tell me and u check your project

Thanks, I had the point camera in the camera cuts… I have now added the rec 360 but it is now just black. It does not seem to pick up the point camera

Try start level or start rendering.if you need rendering in the editor itself in real time, select camera point 360 → and find value Realtime in editor?

Hi ,
first of all, I would like to thank you for your work. We are using your plugin to render a 360 image usign Path Tracing (like the picture attached here). But we have an issue: the plugin seems working, but the final output result is not perfect, infact can see the seams of the cameras very clearly. We are doing something wrong?

We are using UE 4.27

Hi Thank you very much for your words.

It turns out very strange. No, it shouldn’t be like this, I see that you have an inverted image when stitching images.

Try increasing the delay for next frame:

If not work, please write to me Email

Hi

It’s unreal 5.

Skylight does not apply to camera_rec_360.