SuperGenius - Weather FX Megathread! (FAQ, Requests, Bug Report)

Get the latest version from 4.11. Watch my walkthrough video here: https://vimeo.com/163874065

I highlight the blueprints you will need to look at in the beginning of the video.

Wow cool Warhamster!

Popular request, lol :slight_smile: No more rain inside houses, that’s awesome! All the effects look very good, looking forward to test this as soon i can…thanks for this huge update.

Will this system work with a third person character? I know someone asked this question a year ago but there was no answer.

Yes, absolutely. When you attach the local particles however they should be attached to and centered on your camera, NOT your character.

Thanks for the quick response. I’m going to buy it now.

Hey there, seems like a great pack. Is it or will it become compatible with 4.12?

Will this work in VR? I know this sounds like a stupid question but I need to know before I purchase.

Thanks,

Richard.

Hey Richard. I have tried it with the oculus dk2 and it works fine. Just keep in mind the lightning bolts are large and are supposed to happen in the distance. So if you spawn them right on top of your character you will get a very disorienting flash!

-Brice

Hey jb15,

I imported it into my 4.12 project recently and everything seemed to work fine. I have not started working on an update for the pack however so I am not entirely sure when the next update will be available.

Thanks,
Brice

Hi there,
Any word on a time frame for the update for 4.12 and 4.13?
Thanks!

Hey everyone, I am sorry for the delay on an update. I just sent the 4.13 weather fx update to Epic, so you should see it soon.

The rain blueprint has been modified for efficiency as well as being editable real time, in blueprints or sequencer.

Thank you for your patience. :slight_smile:

-Brice

When is the update for 4.13 coming??

I received an email from Epic on the 27th that the update is live, so it should be available now!

I
I really want to use this asset but everytime I add it to my project it overwrites all my First Person Character stuff that I had setup just how I want it, is there a way to prevent this?? Its really annoying tbh

Hey jojo, yes there is a backdoor way of adding it to your project WITHOUT including the first person blueprint example stuff. Before you try any of this though make sure to BACKUP YOUR PROJECT. This approach transfers files in windows so there is a risk of it messing up something in your project if there is a conflict etc.

Create a new project with the weather fx. Then go into that project(by default it is in Documents > Unreal Projects > VFX_Pack_Weather4.13) Open that weather fx folder, go into the content folder and copy JUST the VFX_Weather folder into the content folder of your project. Then open that folder you just copied over and delete the BP_WeatherVFX_Attach_Example.uasset file from it.

Now when you launch your project all of the weather fx should be in there, without any of the first person blueprint or attachment stuff in there(which is what is conflicting with your normal first person blueprint).

I hope this helps, and remember, BACK UP YOUR PROJECT before trying this. I have tried to help someone with this method before and they got very upset with me because they broke their project.

Hey everyone,

The new 4.14 version of the pack is up on the marketplace, and with this version I added 4 new blueprints for fog, rain, hail, and snow which are all scale-able to be able to go from no effects to epic storm seamlessly, as well as controlling wind direction and intensity etc. The fog has been re-worked, and can now simulate vfx ranging from filling out background rain, snow, rising mist or even a nice sandstorm.

Enjoy,

-Brice

Also! I removed the first person blueprint connection example from the pack. I included the blueprint nodes that were in the first person blueprint within the connection example blueprint in the base package. So if you want that example or to utilize that system, simply pull that group of nodes over to your own character blueprint.

Nice, thank you for the continued dedication to this package. Will test the 4.14 version soon, installing 4.14 right now!

Installed and there seems to be an issue with the example?

Used add to project, there was no sign that i had to update an older version, but there is a 414 thumbnail in my project root folder. Maybe a versioning problem?

Testing the rain and lights

(used a little to much emissive for the rain drops)

There are many errors and warnings when this is used in a 4.14 project.
@Warhamster Could you take a look at that please? Just have the output log opened on a second screen and place some of your blueprints in the world, you see how the log will fill with errors and warnings. Are you sure this is compatible with 4.14?