** Welcome to the SuperGenius Weather FX Megathread! **
We felt it best to create a single, comprehensive thread that hopefully answers any questions that you might have about our pack. It’s best to have an open conversation about our products so we can continue to create high-quality content with the best support. With that, we encourage everyone that purchases our packs to give us feedback; whether it’s a feature request, bug report or a general use inquiry.
To start things off, we put together a helpful Weather FX FAQ!
- How do I transition from interior to exterior with the rain or snow fx?
Place the “VFX_Weather_Rain_Point” particle system at any entrance to a covered area then disable the local rain before you get close. In the most recent update, the heavy rain particle system does not rely on the distance cylinder so much and you could probably turn that off altogether.
- Are the effects compatible with multiplayer instances?
Yes! Just be sure to set the FX to be rendered locally (client side).
- How do I attach effects to a player?
Since the 1.1 update, we include a blueprint that has the weather FX attached to a player camera. Feel free to use that as a base. (Thanks Stuart Mackereth for the blueprint!)
- *Do the effects work well with VR? *
Yes! We solidified that even further in version 1.1.
- Is there a handy video tutorial that describes the pack in more depth and demonstrates the FX?
Funny you should ask! Yes! The video breakdown is located here: SuperGenius - Unreal Engine FX - Weather on Vimeo
With any sort of software, there is always bugs. Here’s the Weather FX’s fortunately short Known Bugs List.
- In the more recent UE4 Builds, player movement is causing a slight brightening of the rain particles. We’re not quite sure what is causing this and would appreciate any input.
As we receive more feedback, I will update this original post with additional FAQs, in progress updates and bug fixes.
In the mean time, if you haven’t checked out our packs yet, please head on over to the Marketplace and take a gander. We’re just getting started and have some great stuff planned for the future. Thank you everyone for your interest and we look forward to starting this conversation.
Link to the Weather FX pack on the web version of the Unreal Marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/content/4c7a98b54d9349379b42254ca8df8cba