Sunsetting UDK

Oh nice, tnx guys. Yes they are working :smiley:

Does anyone still know if it’s possible to get a UDK license?

You probably cannot get new UDK licenses. Epic had trouble negotiating with some of the providers of the middleware bundled in UDK. You can probably still get a UE3 license if you contact Epic at Other licensing options - Unreal Engine and ask for a UE3 license. UE3 does not come with Bink or SpeedTree and it takes considerably more effort to set up.

I don’t know your situation or your project, but unless you already have a UDK game ready to release, I would strongly recommend going with UE4.

So we can’t use Bink or Speedtree for new releases using UDK with license? And Simplygon?

I may have been mistaken. If you already have UDK, you downloaded it and installed it with the EULA that gives you access to everything in UDK, which includes Bink, SpeedTree, and Simplygon.

But is the license for releasing a game separate from the UDK EULA? After making your game, do you need to buy a commercial license separately? If the terms of that license were already spelled out in the UDK EULA, then you’re probably fine. If however the commercial license is completely separate from the UDK EULA, then it might be more complicated.

At the end of the day though, I’m not a lawyer and I’m not an Epic employee. The only definitive answer is the one you’ll get from Epic.

1 Like

Thank you. I haven’t used Bink or Speedtree in my game. Simplygon yes, but it can be avoided easily with a bit of work.

Sometimes I have a insecurity feel using UDK, being abandoned by Epic, and worrying about the obstacles I may encounter along the next steps.
That’s why it’s important to use an engine that stays up-to-date, in all aspects. Although in my case, and probably in the case of around here, we have to finish the current job with UDK.

1 Like

Assaid,bink,speed tree,simplygon,face fx and the rest are free for all udk releases.(only the newer versions of those software need a purchase if you need something more up to date).So what you get by deffault is free.

1 Like

You can still get the $99 UDK license if that’s what you’re talking about, I got one a few weeks ago, the email is: udk-licensing@epicgames.com

Also I can’t believe these documentation pages have gone down now too, are they going to stay down? UDK | UE3Basics

1 Like

WTF ,I was reading UDN just a few days ago.If it doesnt come back we will do what we awlays do…whine until they give it back!! :wink:

Till then this shoud help a litle …but you cant acces the udk gems and other downloadable content and other stuff :mad:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170718…e/WebHome.html

1 Like

read here: Did docs.unrealengine.com just get wrecked? - Documentation Feedback - Unreal Engine Forums

1 Like

so its api now
https://api.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/WebHome.html

1 Like

All UDK betas](User Account)

2 Likes