LATEST UPDATE : Releasing alpha version of Knuckles Support for UE4
SUN ROCK (early release alpha)
UE4 LIVELINK & INPUT SYSTEM PLUGIN FOR STEAMVR KNUCKLES
Includes a Livelink Plugin for SteamVR’s new Knuckles Streaming Hand Skeletal Data System and a hook to the new Action Binding System to UE4’s native Event System.
Download the project at GitHub: https://github.com/1runeberg/SunRock
Please post in this thread for support and any questions.
NOTE A: If you are using a custom 4.21 Build (i.e. from Source rather than from the Launcher), use the following instructions to ensure the Binary plugins here work for your Source Built Engine (ignore if you are using the 4.21 Preview from the Epic Launcher):
- Go to ‘Plugins > KnucklesLiveLink > Binaries > Win64’
- Edit the ‘UE4Editor.modules’ file.
- Change the BuildID to match your UE4 editor BuildID and it’ll load (find this by looking in ‘Engine > Binaries > Win64 > UE4Editor.modules’)
Workaround courtesy of: https://steamcommunity.com/id/itsnotmetrustme
Forum Post: https://steamcommunity.com/app/633750/discussions/0/1735469230214704049/#c2805074491024860301
NOTE B: To reset Action Manifest for UE4Editor to defaults:
- Go to “Program Files (x86)\Steam\config\steamvr.settings”
- In there, will have a section called “system.generated.ue4editor.exe”
- Delete this section to restore defaults
ARCHIVED ORIGINAL POST FROM 08-04-2018, 11:33 PM
So been working on some prototype EV2 Knuckles courtesy of Valve.
Here’s current progress:
To date, official engine support is in the works, so linking directly to Steam’s C++ api and feeding direct bone transform values to a custom animation blueprint.
Will be including in my free opensource RunebergVR plugin (https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…ponents-plugin) and also upcoming indie game side project LightweaVR.
Will post how-to vids in the Youtube channel soon. For those who have as well early access to the hardware or want to learn more how to work with the new SteamVR Input System in UE4.