TOP 3 **
**(Fun, Visuals, and Use of Theme)
****Robots on a Budget by The Retros
****Buckarunicorn by islipaway
****The Potato Problem by Team Potato
****Monster Defense Shop by mCookieCravers
****Wanderer VR by MadTitans
****The Trial by Team Miaow
Welcome to the UE4jam! Every quarter Unreal Engine hosts the UE4jam to give developers a chance to polish their skills and compete for awesome prizes!
Work alone or with a team (up to 5 members) to make the most incredible project based on the theme in Unreal Engine 4, and submit before the deadline. Please read all of the details for how to participate!
- CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
- All submissions will be featured in a highlight reel posted to our YouTube and shown on Twitch.
Here’s the list of submission requirements to win a prize:
- The game must include custom gameplay that exceeds that found in Epic Games’ starter templates.
- All art assets in the game must have a material other than the default applied to it.
- Must be packaged for Android (unfortunately there are limitations with iOS), Windows or Mac OS. No full, unpackaged projects. VR projects are accepted. Android games can be distributed via the Play store as well.
**TIMELINE DETAILS AND HOW TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY **
In Unreal Engine game jam tradition, we’ll be kicking this one off and announcing the theme on the livestream on June 29th at 2PM ET](http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20170629T1400&p0=207&msg=UE4jam+Theme+Announcement) and giving participants a few days to create and submit an awesome game built in the engine. The SUBMISSION THREAD will go live and be available just before the theme is announce. The jam ends on Tuesday, July 4th at 2PM ET](https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20170704T14&p0=207&msg=Spring+UE4jam+Deadline).
Post the following to the submission thread before ** Tuesday, July 4th at 2PM ET**](https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20170704T14&p0=207&msg=Spring+UE4jam+Deadline) and include this info:
Link to a download of your game
List of team members
Name of your submission (Please format it with your team’s name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
Please remember to rename your project to [Team Name]_[Project Name] ex. TheEpicTeam_AwesomeGame
List any content that was created before the jam that was included in the final submission.
This does affect the score, as we judge on what is made during the jam’s timeframe. Submitting an entry with pre-made content that is not disclosed may lead to disqualification.
Then, PM me the following information:
- Team Name
- Project Name
- Each Team Member’s Real Name
- Each Team Member’s Email Address
- Each Team Member’s Mailing Address (Not a P.O. box)
- Each Team Member’s T-Shirt Size
If the address is not in the United States, please also provide:
Phone number for lost postage reclaim
Tax or VAT number (if applicable)
AWARD CATEGORIES AND PRIZES
A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria.
- Fun Factor
- Unique Use of Theme
- Overall Visuals
- Best Mobile Title (Android)
- Best VR Game
- Best Cinematic
Winners will be announced on the July 20th Unreal Livestream which starts at 2PM ET.
The winners of all categories will receive an Epic Swag Box with all sorts of goodies, a “Game Jam Finalist” forum badge, a featured playthrough on the Twitch stream. The winners of the Major Categories will also receive a highlight on Unreal Engine launcher!
All members of the teams who win the Major Categories will receive a 730 Series 2.5 480GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC Solid State Drive provided by Intel’s Achievement Unlocked program. Join them and sign up to receive monthly game developer content, special offers, announcements, and news about events like the Level Up contest.
In addition to the Epic Swag Box, each member of the winning teams of the Major and Specialty categories will be receiving a one-year Houdini license provided by SideFX. Houdini is an amazing tool can be used with UE4 through the official Houdini plugin.
All finalists will also be receiving marketplace packs from C-MEDIA, which specializes in advanced materials and realistic models Ancient Cistern, Advanced Materials Edition 2, and Advanced Materials Edition 4.
Kubold is providing 8 animation collections from their humanoid Marketplace animation packs. These animation sets are built for movement and all sorts of combat; fisticuffs, swordplay and firearms! They make a fine addition to any game.
Synty Studios joined our sponsors for the Summer Jam and will be providing their Marketplace packs to the UE4jam finalists as well. There are several awesome collections of models that can be used over a wide variety of projects. Their simply designed characters and environments are great for stylized games or prototyping.
Luos Arts is run by Yoeri Vleer, who is well known for his particle effects. Luos Arts is contributing prizes to all category winners, who will be able to pick 3 of their packs from the marketplace as their reward! Please take a look at all of their packs on the marketplace. Also be sure to look into Yoeri’s youtube page and twitter account for more particle effects.
All participants of the UE4jam will be given access to Assembla’s platform for game development teams to build iterations of their game using their Perforce repositories. As a project management platform, Assembla is an effective asset to any gaming developer, and we are excited to watch Assembla’s continuing emergence within the game development community. To get access to the Perforce server, PM me that you will need access and your team’s email addresses. Please also check out tutorials on using Assembla and Perforce beforehand.
Assembla is the task and code management tool that enables game developers to manage their entire game project in one place. As the only on-demand Perforce provider in the cloud and the #1 SVN hosting provider in the world, developers all over the world choose Assembla for their high performance and security needs.
In order to streamline the playing, judging, recording, and winners announcement process, we’re requesting that teams participating in the jam let us know beforehand in order to prepare appropriately for the event. We’ll update the list with links to the games afterwards, too, so everyone can find your title without having to scroll through the whole thread Pre-registration is not required for entry, and we know people will come in later, but it will greatly aid us in turning everything around quickly. We appreciate your help in making this event awesome
Please send me a PM with your team name and number of team members and we’ll get you added to the list! If you have not made enough posts to use the PM system, then feel free to post in the thread here instead.
- WANDERER VR - MadTitans
- The Trial - Team Miaow
- Glück Im Unglück - Coffee Cup Entertainment
- BlessingInDaSkies - Strigifo
- Robots on a Budget - The Retros
- The Potato Problem - Team Potato
- Buckarunicorn - islipaway
- Monster Defense Shop - mCookieCravers
- Fatlust - 3D2 Entertainment
- Hero Overboard! - Boilerplate
- Blessing In Disguise - Degenerate Vertices
- ARTribe - NedulM
- The Entropic Shop - Big Horn Studio
- Season’s Blessings - Thomas & Tim
- Mr Undertaker - The Warriors
- Pa’Roll - Bear²
- Hearsin Around - Dev Nation
- Fatal Exception - David M
- His Story - Miroir Industries
- WarriorsTomb - Pizzazz Games
- Healer - Girl and a Cat
- Left Behind - AtomicKopi
- DeadMind - 021 Studios
- Hunt the Blessing - Team4
- Salt Lubbers - Five Guys
- Snail Life blessing in disguise - 3DNipuna
- Goanna’s Swing - Team Goanna
- Beeing Hungry - Marius Myburg
- Lights and Shadows - Warp Studios
- SquareMan - MoltenPixels
- Blessed Soul - Shaunathon6
- Manic D. Kahn - MDK
- Sneak Street 2 - Aristonaut
- Ownrealeditor - owninator
- Reunion - Event Horizon
- Agent Blessing - Slim Pickings
- Hellraiser - Wave after wave
- BloodMudFireMask - The Wild Games
- Agent Blessing - Bladekyle.
- Spoopy Jr. Is Done With Spooping - Burtfire
- DGIN - TimmyJimmyTimmy
- Attack of the Mutant Bungles and the Conveniently Inconvenient Bungle Invasion - Connor and the Wigglywams
- AnotherFace - BegounetTeam
- What Doesn’t Kill - Stab
- BlessingInDeath - Room 144
- Overgrown Dreams - Broken Palace
- “Ghost” - Digital Spirit Games]( https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?148521-Summer-UE4jam-Submission-Thread!&p=732182&viewfull=1#post732182)
- KindgomTwitch - NedulS
- Demon Bot - Nightmare
- A House??? - Side Step Studios
- Terrestial - Aberry Games
- Search - ZeeGee
- Blessing in a Dice - Enter Studios
- Disguise - Team Remco
- SoulFetcher - XCave Games
- Silent Escape - Empr1ze
- The Villainous Pie-man - Bohrium
- Adventures of Retlif - 5 Rune Studios
- The Lich - Dot Info
- Postworld Scavenger - Screwdriver Entertainment
- TRASH McKANN - JoSilver
- Misfit - Spectral Studios
- TheLightDark - Gordo Co. Games
- NarcolepsyBoy - ADsZ Team
- The Phantom Hand - StormSmashEntertainment
- Spirit of Perseus - Little Apple Creative
- The Lost Song VR 1 (Prologue): A True Artist - Artisans of Reality
- Desert Madness - Hexeva
- Per Aspera Ad Bonum - Play For Food
- CurseSpirit - System Brigade
- VR Run and Gun - Beep2Bleep
- Dear Child - Fresh Lemonade
- Traitor returns home - Horacio Meza
- Polarity - Cerebros Games
- Savior - Perfect design
- BLESSING OF Dcriste - Sonder Games
- Ignis - League of Shinies
- Bless dis - Nightjar Jamjar
- TheBID - PA
- Trailer Quest for toilet paper - AWESOME GAMES INTERACTIVE
- BiomaticSGame - Biomatic Studios
- Blessing in Disguise! - Elements.of.Life
- Happy Kracken
- Doggy! - Techi-tech
- The Island - Cas Bros
- Uncle Sam’s Salvation - Néotl Empire
- Counting Your Blessings - Cyber Shamans
- Cursed Fight - TwoPOneA
- UnrealCG_Shinigami Shrine - UnrealCG
- Three Brothers - Luke is bad at team names
- Intramundos - MMs
- Don’t Look Up - Succubi in Hats
- Zesty Summer - Lava Bear
- Spoop Manager 2018 - Super Passion Team
- RetroSlice - raincoatz hood
- Crave - The Unknowns
- Escape - JW
- Escape Elipshid - Shoreline Horizons
- Cook for the Giant - Vhite Rabbit
- Finding Light - Hadar Silverman
- Through foul and fail - Team GamePlayUniverse
- Bles Sing in Disguise - Lo-Rez
- BLE Sings in Disguise - HoM E’s
- Blightwood - Sky Key
- Gold-Hat Gets a Book - Tom Peacock Media
- Struggle - Peanut Rangers
- T2Virus:Consciousness Remains - Inspired Workshop
- Mark’s New Shoes - Smarty Pants Games
- Jimmy’s Ghostly Tale - Pentrometric Studios
- Runic - Daddycats
- Rootie - no_coffee
- SpartanX - Slothy Entertainment
- FAVOR - Broliai
- Blessing In The Sky - Team Heaven
- SUPER STICK FIGURES - Doge Hunter
- Wizards Curse - Team Dead Deer
- Hinupolis - Feverdream Studios
- Percussive Maintenance - Team Squeakinator
- Inferno - Liduos Games
- Please don’t die! - VoxBros
- Blessing In Dream - Roh Brothers.
- DarkFrag - Lone Artisan
- How I Met Your Mother - TiMer Games
- Mission Allergic - Space Skeletons and Co
- Act II - Beard Envy
- Victor Blessing - Chimera
- NoMoreBlessing - PNP Entertainment
Helpful Links for Jamming!
Getting Started Docs
Reduce Your Package Size
Top Tips for Game Jams
Wiki Code Tutorials/Snippets
Tutorials and Guides
Blueprint Getting Started Thread
C++ Getting Started Thread
Tutorials and Guides