[SUGGESTION] Marketplace Improvements

There are a lot of products in the marketplace and even if you know how everything works often there are some limitation that slow down your workflow or make you lose track of the assets you trying to collect therefore as someone that uses a lot of free and payed assets I decided to make a list of improvements I think will benefit a lot game and asset devs.

1. Add to Project from Marketplace page
    Often when I browse a specific asset creator and start buying his assets I do so to add them to a specific project. When I’m done and I bought over 5 asset pack often I don’t even remember the name of the first pack and for me that owns over 1000 marketplace products is a nightmare to find what I just bought.
    A good solution is to add an option to “add to project” button on the left side of the “Write a Review”. Or move the “Write a Review” button to the right from the review score and place in its previous place the “add to project” button if the asset is owned
  2. Filter By Creator in the Vault
    Related to the previous point often I find a specific creator that is my favorite and when I work on a specific project I want to add all its assets there. Right now the only way to find all the assets I bought from a specific dev is to find one of the assets in my vault, open it, click on the name of the creator to access the creator marketplace page and write down the names of the assets I already own then go back to the vault and using the search vault find every single asset manually.
    A obvious solution is to add the Filter By creator or to be able to find all the creator assets by writing the creator name in search vault
  3. Favorite creators
    Similar to add to wishlist we need an option to add specific creators to our favorites. Then integrate a notification system so we can be notified when the creator we like publish new assets so we can go and buy them. This for sure will result in increased sales. Also we should be able to easy access our favorite asset makers trough the marketplace "a good solution will be to add a drop down menu between Home and Browse that will increase based on what creators we marked as favorite. Also we need to be able to sort the assets we own in the library vault by favorite creators to make it easy to find all the products we purchased from them.
  4. Marketplace Filter Result “Hide Owned”
    Often in particular when you browse the free category is hard to find what assets you don’t own from the one you already own. To make it easier we should be able to hide assets we own “this option can be added to the filter results” or in alternative to show the owned or non owned assets first “those options can be added to the Sort by list”
  5. Collections
    To organize better the content we already own we should be able to create collections that should be detached from the vault category. This is quite important to sort all the assets you have in personalized groups after you checked them out.
  6. Marketplace Filter Result: Sort by Reviews
    When you browse a marketplace category you want to see what are the best assets available so we should be able to sort the results by reviews score.
  7. Marketplace Filter Result: Popular
    Similar to sort by reviews we should be able to sort the products by the amount of reviews it received. This will ensure to find the most popular assets easy.
  8. 3D Viewer for props
    Is hard to see and judge the quality of props contained in an asset pack judging by some screenshots. A good solution would be to add a 3d viewer to the image slideshow to check those assets better

This is a deliberate omission.

If you could sort by review or popularity, then new products would never get a look in…

By default when you enter inside the store it can be set to new releases. Also is possible an approach similar to how steam organize games. You can have popular new releases, popular of all time. Popular new releases can take in consideration only last 30 days releases and sort them by popularity.

1 Like

Yes true. But this is all just dreaming…

I don’t know if you’ve seen

There, you can…

1 Like

Will bookmark it. Well Unreal Engine is trying to lead the gaming industry evolution. They should improve their marketplace as well without the need for someone to search or build external resources

1 Like