STUCK ON "RESPAWNING" FOREVER

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Matchmaking

Summary

I am unable to join the published map.
I was able to load into session, but when I published I get stuck on “respawning” with dark screen and healthbars stuck at “999?”.

Steps to Reproduce

Try to join map: 6065-7263-7040

Expected Result

Dark screen, healthbars stuck at 999? respawning constantly loading

Observed Result

Dark screen, healthbars stuck at 999? respawning constantly loading

Platform(s)

PC, but probably everything else aswell

Island Code

6065-7263-7040

Additional Notes

This is really urgent, we spent over 3 months on this map and its not possible to copy it to another project as it ruins any discovery potential and wastes even more time and money.

Can you explain your current spawn & related device setup ?
are you using verse ?

There is no special setup for spawning.

I am using regular spawners

I am using granter on spawn and verse power application on spawn, but this exact issue happened in project that used absolutely nothing, just spawns.

Its also happening only in published map, if scripts were the issue it would probably break even sessions.

Is there any way to check logs or something to see whats happening directly?

Also this version works, no verse or spawn settings changed in between, only environment: 7576-8239-8548

There is gameplay log files, but you’ll hafta do a search on their location.

Does this happen on the private upload version ?

There is a little difference between launched play session and uploaded version, as launched sessions don’t have a pre-game phase and start from game phase

OK…I’ll check it out, is that public ?

It happens on the private version that I made public and does not work, it does not happen on the older private version - the code I just posted.

Was there a UEFN update between the working one and the new one ?

Can you post the settings of your spawn pad ?

I think there was some update in between, you can see dates on image atached, but like I said, this happened to me also on one project before - that one was lego island published shortly after lego update - so I thought this was issue related to that.

On player spawned there is just one item granter directly, same one for all:

I’m seeing apotential issue if you have gameplay spawn pads too, may not be but…
Can you show me a gameplay spawnpad, or sample of each if you have a few different sets of them.

The update changed a bit it in Island settings and class/team changing.
Are you using teams /classes default class.

What is gameplay spawn pad? I am using only the ones I screenshoted.

Oh OK…cool, then thats not the issue.

Just the spawnpads used after gamestart if you have a seperate lobby area setup.

The next thing to check is Island Settings, if any of the new settings from the update are conflicting.

Check if the spawnpads are not effected by anything like a solid barrier that could be throwing a player into a damage volume on spawn…or something

And then look at game ending conditions, if you have any devices related to game ending that could have had updates, resetted or glitched

It was probably the barrier that I had on full box over spawn area with ignore on everybody, once I switched to hollow it works fine.

I guess it is causing issues in public as in sessions not all devices are registered immediately on the spawn, so its not like it “worked” in session, it just created illusion of working there and I did not notice it was broke before I published.

It works in current published version, I truly hope this was the issue and it is now solved.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thats good news :smiley: