Stuck at sandbox cleanup

when im trying to package my game it keeps getting stuck i assume its cause i need to cook content but theres only cook content for windows how do i package my game for linux?

UATHelper: Packaging (Linux):   LogCook: Display: Cooked content cleared for platform LinuxNoEditor
UATHelper: Packaging (Linux):   LogCook: Display: Unable to read previous cook inisettings for platform LinuxNoEditor invalidating cook
UATHelper: Packaging (Linux):   LogCook: Display: Sandbox cleanup took 0.203 seconds for platforms LinuxNoEditor  iterative false

how do i fix this

1 Like

I have the same problem, with UE5.

I had the same problem…

fix: in Editor Preferences set “Global Local DDC path” & “Global Shared DDC path” …

1 Like

this is don’t help for me, i don’t know what i can do anymore =(

I’m stuck too :frowning:

Not sure if it helps, but for me the packaging was also stuck on this step for several minutes. Eventually the new logs appeared and after ~35 minutes the project was packaged.
Apparently the first time you package the project for a new platform it compiles all the shaders for this platform (even if you don’t use any) and it can take quite a lot of time.

3 Likes

I couldn’t package since the 5.1.1 update without errors, so this helped thanks!

1 Like

Does it still build while the screen turns off (after being idle)?

This “Bug” is not one , actually if you check in your taskmanager and see compilerworker doing there job that mean its working and will eventually finish to compile the needed shaders .
The real problem here is that you have 0 idea of how many shaders remain to compile unlike ue4, and have to wait without any hint until its done

If someone know how to enable it so we can see whats going on please share how to do it !

5 Likes

편집 탭 - 프로젝트 셋팅 - 검색에서 alpha 입력
엔진 - 렌더링에서
포스트 프로세싱
알파채널 지원 활성화를 disabled

In previous versions there was a notice about shader compilation, but since 5.x there is no notification at all, which is very confusing since the log took several minutes to progress. A simple entry to notify about compiling would be great.