Struct inside an array 'display name' in editor?

I think what you are hitting there is the fact that those structs are in an array. It may be possible to edit the struct properties in c++ to get what you want but I am unsure if its possible in BP.

Is there a way to predefine a display name for a struct struct in editor before its expanded?

For example have an array of struct which the struct itself has vars inside like :

• Name
  • ValueEnum

Right now if you add a new struct to the array in editor it looks like this:

246261-structexample.png

So its pretty hard to see what’s inside without expanding the thing by pressing the arrow at the side of ‘0’. Is it possible to change the display name somehow so instead of 2 members it would show some value so you could quickly see what’s inside? Something like this:

246262-structexample2.png

Similar to how you can do .ToString on classes in some programming languages for ease of debugging.

Yeah I agree, it seems to be an TArray thing more than a struct thing, I just asked for structs specifically because if i could show struct property value as name instead of amount of members inside it it would just be easier.

Some of the default unreal structs work showing you the content, IE Vectors.

Maybe dig around and see how they are handled

After focusing more on TArrays in searching I came up with this, seems to do the job for most things, might still need an extra step for USTRUCT but its okay for array of objects :slight_smile:

EDIT:
This actually fully works on structs too. Wonderful.