Struct 'FSkelMeshMergeUVTransformMapping' shares engine name 'SkelMeshMergeUVTransformMapping' with struct 'FSkelMeshMergeUVTransformMapping'

Hello!

I’m trying to follow re-create the skeletal mesh function from the UE documentation here: Modular Characters in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

However when I go to compile, I get error:
D:\Game Development Files\Art\UE Art Projects\MyProject2\Source\MyProject2\MeshMergeFunctionLibrary.h(35): Error: Struct ‘FSkelMeshMergeMeshUVTransforms’ shares engine name ‘SkelMeshMergeMeshUVTransforms’ with struct ‘FSkelMeshMergeMeshUVTransforms’ in C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.1\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Public\SkeletalMeshMerge.h(93)

I’m not sure what could be going on here, I’ve only copied and pasted the code from the documentation and replaced my project name. Here’s the pastebin for my code: Skeletal Mesh Merge Code - Pastebin.com

I’m using UE 5.1 - And this is on a fresh project I’ve just created for testing purposes.

Any ideas as to why this isn’t working??
Any help would be appreciated.

This documentation is pretty old and likely out-of-date. If project object names clash with engine ones, you need to give them a different name.

It’s possible this system has already been made part of the core engine too.

You are right in both cases! The guide is relevant for 4.27 however in 5.1 this has been implemented with a plug-in. Saves me the c++ hassle lol. Thanks!!