Stream Levels with Blueprints

Hi,

I am trying to stream levels with the help of a blueprint. The main idea is that when you enter on that collision box it will load the level. I am using the default VR template with the MotionControllerMap. I followed this tutorial Load and Unload Levels with Blueprints | Unreal Engine Documentation

So what I have is this example

However, when I put the headset and navigate to that location the level isn’t loaded. I understand that things work different in VR, but I have no idea how to make this work. Don’t even need to walk inside this level, I just need to load it. I tried other options but they don’t work as well

Any tips?

Thanks in advance

Any suggestions? Is it possible to stream levels in VR? I think the Collision Box from the Blueprint isn’t recognizing the vrpawn, but not sure why.

Ok, I found kind of a solution. Tweaked the Pickup Cube Blueprint so that when you pick on of the cubes, it loads the level. I would still prefer to teleport to a location with a door for example, and the load being loaded automatically.

most probably something incorrect with your collision settings - are you sure your overlap is working there as level streaming in VR works once you get your collision overlaps right :wink:

Well, I didn’t change any settings for the VR template and I used a Box Collision to load the level. I am going to have a look at my collision settings.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

What does your VR Pawn look like? If it’s exactly like the one from the template then I would think that the hands and hands sphere collision should overlap with that box. For sure you’d have to see if the collision settings are the right ones, but another thing is how do you overlap with the box? Do you walk into it or do you teleport into it? One thing I’m thinking is that if you teleport into it maybe the on overlap collision event isn’t called as you are literally just set your location to the new one.